Search the forum,

Discuss HELP! Is this normal practice for plumbing in a shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

To be honest, the £300 you paid the plumber is the least of your worries. You are currently setting fire to £50 notes every single day of your life in that house with no insulation. The fact the elbows are not lagged is utterly irrelevant as the heat escaping into the loft will keep it frost free for eternity.

It looks to me like someone has done the best job they can for the price that won the job. I'd not bash the plumber till I'd heard their side of the tale.
Bit OTT isn’t it Dave. The £50 notes every day comment I mean:p

Is the lagging fire resistant/retardant (or whatever) ? Looks to me as though the wiring is that old school orange pyro stuff and it’s red modern equivalent due to the thatched roof.

You're right there's some pyro but most is PVC TW&E so someone has worked on it on the cheap for sure.

The lagging is std polyethelene so about as fire retardant as a can of 4star petrol!

Thatched roof?
I would do any hot works up there

Yes my thoughts, nothing wrong with plastic at all and in those circumstances it's one of two options. Crimped or plastic.

You would be a fool to do hot working up there. Do not solder up there you will void your insurance

It needs clips because of the vibrations from the pump could make excessive noise. Remember these are oak joists and you can't screw into them, oak eats metal and hard as concrete when it's old. Better to fix ply below and fix pipe etc to the ply.

Insulation required but I doubt that loft gets cold because of the thatched roof

Reply to HELP! Is this normal practice for plumbing in a shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock