Search the forum,

Discuss Help installing mixer shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kenbar

Hi,
I'm about to install a Triton Altair bar mixer to a RD628 combi system. The mixer h/book states a PRV must be fitted if the mains pressure is above 5 bar which it is. And this is fitted on the mains inlet to the combi, would this upset the boiler setup ? or would fitting it to the mixer cold mains in not give the same result?. The h/book also states fitting an expansion vessel is a MUST, is this absolutely necessary as the cost could be more than the shower cost. The combi has an ex/vessel incorporated but only for the central heating not domestic supply.
Many thanks Kenbar

Hi,
would this upset the boiler setup ?
no
or would fitting it to the mixer cold mains in not give the same result?.
no. you need balanced pressures not uneven.
the cold will end up low the hot will still be high.

The h/book also states fitting an expansion vessel is a MUST,
is this absolutely necessary as the cost could be more than the shower cost.
if the mi say so yes, they are only cheap.

The combi has an ex/vessel incorporated but only for the central heating not domestic supply.
Many thanks Kenbar

that don't count.

does it give a size of ex vessel ?
some state a size in the mi.

this will do what you want.
RWC20SHOCK20ARRESTOR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No it doesn't give a size. The one you've shown looks quite small what size would you give it for ordering purposes?

I've purchased an expansion vessel (shock arrester) very similar to the photo Sonray posted. All the specs. appear to tally with whats required. Should have the shower up and running (fingers crossed) tomorrow.Thanks again for your help. regards Kenbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help installing mixer shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock