Search the forum,

Discuss Help identifying tap valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a dripping valve on my towel rail, but when I removed the cartridge it doesn't seem to be the standard one, and I don't know how to find a replacement.
I'll attach a photo. Any help welcome.

IMG_0715.png

I have a dripping valve on my towel rail, but when I removed the cartridge it doesn't seem to be the standard one, and I don't know how to find a replacement.
I'll attach a photo. Any help welcome.

View attachment 39045
This may be a wind up. But if not then can we have a picture of the valve on the towel rail.

need to replace the whole valves not the same as tap cartridges

Are you saying that even though it's dripping from the end of the brass bit, where the moving spindle meets the fixed part of the brass body, that you can't just replace this bit, and have to change the whole valve, body and all?
I actually swapped it in the live system, for one of a different design but that had the same thread, which works but probably only because I never actually turn that radiator off.
If I had to replace the whole valve, I'd have to drain all the upstairs system that I couldn't otherwise isolate :-(

Are you saying that even though it's dripping from the end of the brass bit, where the moving spindle meets the fixed part of the brass body, that you can't just replace this bit, and have to change the whole valve, body and all?
I actually swapped it in the live system, for one of a different design but that had the same thread, which works but probably only because I never actually turn that radiator off.
If I had to replace the whole valve, I'd have to drain all the upstairs system that I couldn't otherwise isolate :-(
Now I am confident this is a wind up.

This is a serious question, that I thought you folks would be able to answer in a second with "oh that's a valve type X, go here pay a tenna, do your slightly mad live system swap back and job done".
This would surely be the world's most boring wind up ever.
I am clearly missing something.
I'll add some pictures.

Correct need to replace the whole straight rad valve

Also are you using them often eg turning it on and off ?

If it's leaking up the spindle you could strip it down (as you have but also remove the horseshoe clip and push out the spindle)
Replace/grease up with silicone grease any o-rings you find and re-assemble the valve. The problem you will have, as always, is getting the correct size o-rings - but if you do it will be as good as new.

Thanks, that is just the kind of help I was hoping for.
I'll give that a try before first before replacing the whole valve.
I never turn it off, so that's not so much and issue, but nice to have the option :)
Of course I could always use the other original one for that if needed.

Hello, did you ever get sorted? I'm clearing out my garage and have found something that may work?

Reply to Help identifying tap valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock