Search the forum,

Discuss Help identifying sink connections & availability for appliance install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone

I am looking to purchase a Compact tabletop dishwasher from currys as shown in the link below

http://i66.tinypic.com/qrisyv.png

I am not sure if under my sink the connections/valves are there and free/available. I have two colour coded valves, I think the first one is connected to my washing machine which is to right hand side of my sink underneath, which leaves a red one free, would that be where the plumber fits the water intake pipe for the dishwasher?, and as you can see from the photos below of my sink pipes, I cant seem to see if there is a waste pipe for the drainage pipe for the dishwasher to be readily connected to.

Currys use a company called "Team Know How" I assume that it is there in house team of plumbers, installation cost of the item is 30 quid,

My question is..
(A) Judging by my photos , do the plumbers have everything they need to complete the install?
(B) if they are missing any splitters, pipes or valves would anyone know if they would be expected to have those spares with them and would be covered for the cost of the installation?

http://i68.tinypic.com/2z3nbbl.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/fu5o9s.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/10wuuwx.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/2v96s6b.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/f0ya9e.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2d2hctf.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/52m72r.jpg

i can tell you now they wont install it, they only install if its a straight swap

Ok so is everything that they need, as per the pictures there to make it a straight swap, i mean the red valve isnt being used so looking at my photos , what is or isnt needed

no sorry to say needs plumbing in

got this from there website

might shed some light

Dishwasher Installation

We can also install your new dishwasher on the day we deliver, for most of the UK. Just add installation at the 'Confirm basket’ page,charge applies.

Here's what we'll do:

• Check existing electrical and plumbing connections are safe to use and within 1.5 metres of required location.
  • Disconnect the existing appliance, un-box and check the new product.
  • Connect your new appliance to the electricity, mains water and waste.
  • Test there are no leaks and that the appliance is level and fully operational.
  • Take the packaging from your new appliance away. If you add recycling to your order we’ll also take your old appliance away for recycling.
Note: Before we arrive, you will need to make sure access is clear to the area you want your appliance installed, the appliance will fit into the space and that the electrical and plumbing connections are within 1.5 metres.

I assume Shaun, my other alternative would be to connect the dishwasher to the kitchen sink tap using some sort of adapter, other than the inconvience of not being able to use the tap , while the dishwasher is in operation, are there any other downsides i would need to be aware of?

yea they would only do a like for like swap eg

lets say your washing machine broke and you ordered a new one and paid for the install service, they would do that as its a like for like swap

sorry cant do that due to back flow issues

your prob looking at 2 - 3 hours at what ever the local rate is plus parts

and currys will just refuse to install it

cant say sorry best get a quote from a local plumber

Problem with these delivery people is they are not normally plumbers, by any description.
Best putting the money towards a real plumber.
I have come across a few washing machine hoses at wm valve leaking badly unnoticed by the customers and I found the hose nuts not even hand tight and yet on high pressure mains. Shows a total lack of knowledge.
Each time the customer said they had paid for the machine to be installed by the store they had bought it from

thats a good point yeah, im gonna search around for some check-a-trade local plumbers, heard on other forums it should be between 35 and 100 quid, hoping thats true as it is within my budget

If someone offers to do what's needed to properly plumb that in for anywhere near ÂŁ35 then say no to them.
A new cold feed needs putting on your main cold supply and probably a new waste connection, maybe even a new standpipe needing a new hole coring through the wall to outside and some new exterior waste pipework. Also a hole (or holes) will be needed in your worktop to take the pipes through to under the sink.
If anyone offers to do that in your suggested price range then they're probably not a qualified/experienced plumber.
The ÂŁ35 to ÂŁ100 you suggest would be OK for a straight swap if you already had feed and waste connections there.
Your red handled water supply probably shouldn't be used and is a throw back from when washing machines used to use separate hot and cold feeds.

The pictures wouldn't load for me before I posted above, just seen them, the waste will be do-able with a twin spigotted trap, so no coring/exterior waste pipework needed. So you might get it done properly but it will still be at the top end of your estimate if you're in an area where trades don't charge premium.

JC thanks really appreachiate the info, I will expect the top end of my budget, want it done properly your right, very helpful advice that i will be passing on to a local plumbing firm and see what they come back with
Thanks for the taking the time to look at it :)

JC would you mind kindly re-summarising what is needed to be done work-wise, I know you said you couldnt see the pictures with your first post, I just want to give the plumber as much info as possible so does a new cold feed still apply? or just this twin spigotted trap? and the holes in the worktop for the pipes?

Work needed in my opinion:
New cold feed teeing off the 15mm copper pipe that supplies the current cold feed for washing machine.
40mm 'P' trap replaced with twin spigot version and waste pipework adjusted to accommodate.
Hole drilled in worktop to take feed and waste through to undersink.
Standard feed and waste for dishwashers are 1.5m If you're going to need longer ones inform the plumber beforehand.
Yes the plumber will be able to drill your worktop.

Reply to Help identifying sink connections & availability for appliance install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm guessing its a trade sink that plumbers would buy. The sink has 1708 indented in the china which i guess is a model number but doesnt show up on google...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question is the brown pipe seems to have came loose, but seems to have just been pushed into thread above.There is nothing holding it in place, is this...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would appreciate any help on the below please. Can I install a reversed P-trap in a run of pipe from my sink to raise pipe? I have an existing waste pipe that disposes the washing machine waste, I am adding a sink to the configuration by connecting a T to the existing waste pipe and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock