Search the forum,

Discuss Help Homeowner Q! Only luke-warm water at certain times in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

Not sure if I'm allowed on here - I'm just a homeowner. Not a plumber/professional.

I've now had 3 plumbers visit and none seem to be able to diagnose this problem.

So, I have a standard Worcester Bosch combi boiler in my 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 WC flat (on 3 floors).

Heating works like a dream - no issues at all.

Hot water causing a major headache.

Sometimes I only get luke-warm water when running hot taps, including bath. First plumber changed the diverter valve but this hasn't helped anything.

Second plumber says it "might" be to do with the downstairs shower (possibly shower cartridge) but wouldn't know without pulling whole thing out (this is a fitted sauna shower).

Third says possibly something to do with any of the taps in the property.

Now I discovered something yesterday. Firsty, I ran a bath and got about 5-8 seconds of steaming hot water, then the rest of it entirely luke warm. I emptied it, then turned on kitchen tap (downstairs, nearer boiler) then ran bath again - continuous hot water for the full bath.

I'm at my wit's end.

Any suggestions on what on Earth could be causing the luke-warm water?

does the boiler stay lit all the way through when your filling the bath?

The first 5-8 seconds of hot water could be due to you having preheat turned On, flow rate can cause luke warm water, restricted plate heat ex normally results in boiler modulating up & down or on/off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help Homeowner Q! Only luke-warm water at certain times in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

HI Iam hoping someone can provide guidance on a heating problem. I have a (old) Ideal isar HE35 where there is no hot water for the 2 showers at the property, there is water flow but not warm. I can confirm there is hot water from the sink/bath (downstairs and upstairs). I noticed that the...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Hi I've seen a previous thread that is closed now regarding this subject but the end result I could not see. Our Shower runs hot for 30 seconds then cold. I have changed the thermostat and it still runs cold after 30 seconds. If we run the hot tap it is better but at best, luke warm. We have a...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock