Search the forum,

Discuss Help guys , I need some internet therapy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
jeezz guys , I need some love and therapy, absolutely fect off , I started to install a shower tray last Thursday morning and twisted my back , been in agony since and worryingly not getting any better, besides the pain I am bored beyond belief.
Send me love or take the pi** . X

I have a shoulder issue that pulls every now and again. It puts me out of action for a week and a half at a time. So annoying, but everything falls apart eventually mate. :p:p

I have a shoulder issue that pulls every now and again. It puts me out of action for a week and a half at a time. So annoying, but everything falls apart eventually mate. :p:p
Used to have that on a regular basis then a friend put me on to her friend who does sports therapist something or the other.
Went for 1hr a week for 6 weeks and as long as I do the exercises I`m now pain free.

Well, as well as fitting a de-aerator, I've been fitting my new staircase at home (because I had thought this would be a quiet time of year - hasn't been). Turns out the actual staircase has been made crooked such that when the case is installed so the treads are level (how else would you install it?), the newel posts are leaning.

Which I could live with, but there's a turn at the bottom and the steps on the turn are attached to the newel post, which is at the wrong distance because it is leaning and so now I've put it together it looks a bit gappy. Spent the afternoon planing down the glue blocks so I could stick them to the not 90° stairs too.

In the scheme of things, you've made me feel a lot better. Bored, but not in pain. I hope your health improves. I suppose the problem with a bad back is there really isn't much you can do to pass the time. Not even good weather for sunbathing.

I forgot to add ..
Anybody who takes the pi** , your names will noted.

I have had a lifetime of pulled muscles, accidents , etc etc , you name it I have had it , but have never experienced pain like this.
Watched Norwich put 3 past Leeds on Friday night , and couldn’t jump up , not even move, even a smile hurt .

I forgot to add ..

My name is Pike.

QUOTE="townfanjon, post: 1026797, member: 65956"]I forgot to add ..

I have had a lifetime of pulled muscles, accidents , etc etc , you name it I have had it , but have never experienced pain like this.
Watched Norwich put 3 past Leeds on Friday night , and couldn’t jump up , not even move, even a smile hurt .

Jeeeze you must be in some pain then. lol

I forgot to add ..

Best team one Friday night, same on Saturday :p

Thought about a Tens machine?

Hot n cold buddy... a cold pack to reduce swelling and inflamation then HW bottle or hot soak to relax muscles, encourage blood flow and reduce pain. Failing that I have some left over hospital codeine I could send you but you can't really work on it. Seriously if you want a box PM me or you should be able to get Co-codamal over the counter for acute back pain.

Last edited:
What you need Town is a willing blonde to take your mind off of the pain - male, female or indeterminate gender I don't suppose you'll mind too much...

Know **** back pain only too well bud. Chuffin boring, but you'll heal far quicker when Kyle is on telly - the inbreds will drive you back to work ;)

Hot n cold buddy... a cold pack to reduce swelling and inflamation then HW bottle or hot soak to relax muscles, encourage blood flow and reduce pain. Failing that I have some left over hospital codeine I could send you but you can't really work on it. Seriously if you want a box PM me or you should be able to get Co-codamal over the counter for acute back pain.

Cheers for the offer pal , I am on the hot and cold treatment, mega strong pain killers , nothing touches it . I never thought you could get pain like this. Going to be a Rubbish week , just hope I may be back next .

What you need Town is a willing blonde to take your mind off of the pain - male, female or indeterminate gender I don't suppose you'll mind too much...

Know **** back pain only too well bud. Chuffin boring, but you'll heal far quicker when Kyle is on telly - the inbreds will drive you back to work ;)

The willing blonde would most definitely female lol , I couldn’t perform if Kylie was stood in front of me of me . As for daytime TV , jeezzz , I have just made my mind up I dont want to ever retire . I would be happy to get out of the house for an hour.

Cheers for the offer pal , I am on the hot and cold treatment, mega strong pain killers , nothing touches it . I never thought you could get pain like this. Going to be a ***** week , just hope I may be back next .

Mate, you have my utmost sympathies. Sciatica is my trouble but it is rarely acute like you are suffering, usually dull pain, weakness, numbness in both flippin legs with the occasional electric shock type thing going up my back. I look like a complete nutter sometimes, just standing about chatting or moving about the workshop and to any observers it looks like I got jabbed by a ghost with a cattle prod.

I find stretching exercises, laying on my back helps, bringing knees up to chest can relieve it a bit but it sounds like you've been disabled to the point such an exercise might not be possible?

If you do try any stretching exercises please look up the proper techniques before attempting. I feel genuinely sorry for you mate.

I am fond of the phrase "I am human therefore I ache" but it sounds like you've gone well beyond that.

I hope you find relief and get well soon.

it looks like I got jabbed by a ghost with a cattle prod.

Brilliant analogy pal , catle prod with 10,000 volts going through it , thats the one .
I am a well hard Yorkshire lad , but when it happens, I have to cling on to anything and cry with pain , my leg buckles and just about drop to the floor . I have had a big shock believe me .
It wont kill me though , as Arnie says
“ I will be back “

I am a well hard Yorkshire lad , but when it happens, I have to cling on to anything and cry with pain , my leg buckles and just about drop to the floor . I have had a big shock believe me.

Have you had a proper diagnosis from a someone with actual medical qualifications? (Doctors have their own version of GSR)

If it's sciatica and you make enough fuss there is a treatment called something like 'nerve root block injection'. An anaethetist puts a shot of steroids and long acting pain-killer into just the right part of the spine. The idea is it works for a few months while the underlying problem fixes itself. My father had it done and it was a miracle cure. Went in at 0700 in agony not able to walk without help. Out at 1400 hrs pain free and trotting along as though it had never been a problem. A couple of minor twinges a few months later but paracetamol for a couple of weeks and it was gone.

Now, it's not an entirely risk-free treatment for obvious reasons, but you may find that just knowing it's an option if things get too bad helps you through a nasty condition.

Have you had a proper diagnosis from a someone with actual medical qualifications? (Doctors have their own version of GSR)

If it's sciatica and you make enough fuss there is a treatment called something like 'nerve root block injection'. An anaethetist puts a shot of steroids and long acting pain-killer into just the right part of the spine. The idea is it works for a few months while the underlying problem fixes itself. My father had it done and it was a miracle cure. Went in at 0700 in agony not able to walk without help. Out at 1400 hrs pain free and trotting along as though it had never been a problem. A couple of minor twinges a few months later but paracetamol for a couple of weeks and it was gone.

Now, it's not risk free for obvious reasons, but you may find that just knowing it's an option if things get too bad helps you through a nasty condition.

To be honest Chuck at the minute I would struggle getting to the docs unless I laid down in the back of the van lol .
Thank you for that , my god I hope it doesnt come to that, I am just going to have to be patient but will definitely remember it .

I wouldn’t want any medical intervention if possible.
Except for a proper Physio to ease your back and muscles, I would go with the stretching exercises as Stigster said.
Had sciatica myself on off for years, but took advice on back exercises and that sorts it.

I wouldn’t want any medical intervention if possible.
Except for a proper Physio to ease your back and muscles, I would go with the stretching exercises as Stigster said.
Had sciatica myself on off for years, but took advice on back exercises and that sorts it.

I am a regular gym fella and know all the exercises, stretches etc , it was bit of a fad of mine years ago , I have always said , If you are lucky , you can train most light injuries away , lets hope I can shift this one lol .

Reply to Help guys , I need some internet therapy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock