Search the forum,

Discuss help gaining nvg2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenC

hi
as some of you may know i am doing the train 4 trade skills course to gain my 6129, now ive heard that from december onwards they qualifications are changing so im wanting to aim to get my nvq 2 before december. ive got my final 2 weeks training in a month or so, what i need to know is what jobs do i need to complete and how many jobs do i need to complete for my portfolio for nvq2? so i can arrange to get them done in the 2-3 months before december. going to cost me a fortune paying an nvq accessor to come check my work but its the only way to do it as i work for my self and also work for my old man doing plumbing just kitchens and bathrooms but he is not a qualified plumber.
hope you understand what im trying to say and look forward to your reply
Ben

You will need a portfolio for nvq2 signed off by a plumber with at least nvq2 or in trade for over 5 years and most colleges will want you employed with employees insurance

apparently i can have an nvq accessor sign it off, just got to pay them, i may be wrong though

That's good mate I'm sure they can as they are qualified
Best of luck

safety, preperation, and 2 installations must be assessed on site by a college based assessor. in addition you must provide evidence of instatlling two further systems and some mainetenance etc

safety, preperation, and 2 installations must be assessed on site by a college based assessor. in addition you must provide evidence of instatlling two further systems and some mainetenance etc
when you say installation, what do they require? bathroom install, kitchen install, or full heating system.

thanks for the reply though fuzzy muchos appreciated

2x2 of either, hot water, cold water, C/H or sanitation. dont think of it as a bathroom but as a cold water installation. evidenc emust come from a full job but only parts of it need be directly observed by a college based assessor, the rest is from your own workplace recorder, photos, write up and Q&A etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help gaining nvg2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock