Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss help choosing a gas combi in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. brian singleton

brian singleton New Member

ok i am not GSR but do some house repair and other works. My own property has an old potterton performa which had died. I looked on the GSR website and found a decent friendly domestic fitter almost one of my neighbours. We had a chat and decided to bite the bullet. so i said what should we replace it with ? We had a look at my local builders merchant and found potterton gold combis on prom/clearance. He said fine you go buy one and a new timer/flue . i will install and supply the sundries etc. I am just curious there seems to be plent of familiar names offering similar prices. Baxi(same company I think)/Glowworm/Ideal/Main.
    Any thoughts or favs .

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Baxi platinum 10 years warranty is a better option if your looking at the pot gold

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

How many baths/showers will it be supplying?

4. brian singleton

one bath /shower

5. brian singleton

yes the old performa is over 16 years old. been reliable apart from a new divertor valve and a pressure relief valve(i think that what it was).

6. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Don’t forget the filter, lime fighter, shock arrest and boiler plus controls

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Go with Shaun the Baxi platinum 33kw is a better choice 10 year warranty and well put together. Kop

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

Vaillany ecotec pro 30 or ecotec plus 832.