Search the forum,

Discuss Hello Guy and Girls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laurence Eva

My Names Laurence, Im 24 years old and I am looking to venture back into training as a plumber, I went college when I 16 years old to study my NVQ Level 2 technical certificate in which I passed but at that age I was naive to the fact you have to work hard to find a apprenticeship and practical training but now I am willing to. At the moment I am working as a flat roofer and I dont enjoy it as much as I did when I trained to be a plumber the only good thing about it is I have saved quite a bit to set me up(van, course/tool money). I have looked at fast track/diplomas (but everyone says there garbage) and evening courses are sparse at colleges in london. Any advice/guidance would be appreciated

Hi Laurence & welcome
Did you get just the tech cert 6129 & did anyone come out to see you on site for the NVQ side 6089 ??

if you wanna be a plumber dont even bother with a Diploma it doesnt qualify you for anything, go for the NVQ al the way dude

Hello Chris, I done a tech certificate 6129 (I cant remember a thing, still have my books) and no I wasnt told about the 6089 I was told in college to go straight onto level 3, and thanks t & h plumbing. I am really unsure what to do because I dont want to just give up my job but it looks like I have to to pursue my career in plumbing.

Hi lozza! My name is guy so assume u think rest of forum are girls?

Shame City and East London Tech isn't in Bunhill Row any more. That's where I went.

haha sorry my mistake guys* unless theres more than than one guys called guy in this forum :confused5:

6129 tech cert & 6089 NVQ have both finished now.
As you probable already have found out if you can get employment as a trainee / apprentice you can go on the 6189 NVQ Diploma Level 2 then Level 3 as you are 24 you will be asked to pay if not all the cost close to it as there is no / little government funding.

If you can't get the training on site to complete the NVQ side the only one is the 6035 Diploma but take care this just like the old Tech Cert is not recognised in the industry.

As it was when you did it before you need to be working along plumbers to learn it IMHO you must find employment in plumbing & heating.

Have a look at JTL training web site.

Thanks for advice chris watkins, so basically I would have to find in employment to gain technical certs up to gas qualified qualifications.

Thanks for advice chris watkins, so basically I would have to find in employment to gain NVQ 6189, up to gas qualified qualifications.
You need an NVQ to take your gas ACS, search for this on this site & read posts so you understand what is required.
Good Luck

You can actually do gas without an nvq by completing the plumbing studies level 2 (6035-2) then doing the bpec gas foundation course then the ACS, or once you have done the plumbing studies level 2 go on to level 3 which incorporates gas

You can actually do gas without an nvq by completing the plumbing studies level 2 (6035-2) then doing the bpec gas foundation course then the ACS, or once you have done the plumbing studies level 2 go on to level 3 which incorporates gas
You will still need around 70+ days of on & off site evidence with the gas foundation. So what is the point un-less you have the work experience?

Do you think you can learn it all in a class room then??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello Guy and Girls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical marine engineering and realistically i have no issues tracing systems and working out whats what. the dream is to leave the forces and become self...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, my nephew (18 yrs) has completed an apprenticeship as a plumber/gas engineer in Italy and is fully qualified with a couple of years experience assisting an established plumber/engineer as part of his course. He would like to come and work in the UK as he is struggling to find work and he...
Replies
Views
Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2. Access training are offering an assessment package for £1500, which is competitive, but I am now nervous given the reviews I have seen on here. I am...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have been working within the plumbing industry for around 8 years, since I completed my 6129 course at college. I have mainly been working as a mate/improver. I want to progress onto my nvq, but have been told I need to be working as a plumber in order to achieve it. Problem being with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock