Discuss Hello from north off the border in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

noleaksihope

Hello to all the members here,

time served the old fashioned way. out on sites with the old man from when I could
walk and blowing fittings at an age that would give elf + safety nightmares.

Started up on my own not long after serving my time. When my daughter arrived I went on the books with Connaught to give us some security, not one of my better moves:) With them 18 months before they went out the box.

Had a couple of starts with Carillion + Mitie since, rates they re getting away
with paying at the moment are a joke .

So its back to dodging away for myself to earn a decent crust. Hard starting again from
scratch but hopefully get some continuity subbying to BG 3-4 days a week and see how
it goes from there.
Done installs & servicing + repairs for them before without any problems getting paid.
Only hassle was doing Tech Surveys for them on the old Scot Govt Central Heating
Programme , waited over 3 months for the first payment. Another reason going on the
books with Connaught was appealing at the time.

Joined up here to find out how other contractors are finding the current pricing with BG ?

If i remember right 4-5 years ago they were allowing 3-4 hours for a PF on a open vented 10 rad-er .their own engineers get a full shift , which is about right for a proper PF on an old system with tar instead of water. heard stories some of their own engineers don t even do a PF , it gets a cold water mains flush with their hoover running to make some noise for the customers benefit. :eek:

Not sure if its still the same but I used to collect the cheque from the customer after
completing an install for BG. that was the real heartbreaker seeing what they were charging at the time, approx £4,800 for PF, alterations & upgrading to F/P , upgrade gas, replace boiler inc coring 27" wall for flue + b/o and you get approx £400-450 labour, materials costing no more than £1000 with BG buying power, the saleman probably makes more than the fitter.

hope to hear from some current BG subbies that the pricing aint as bad as i remember!

Hello noleaksihope and welcome interesting reading look forward to more:)regards turnpin

Hi noleaksihope

Welcome to the forums,hope you feel able to get involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello from north off the border in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back