Search the forum,

Discuss Hello and advice needed, pushfit and shower mixer valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all, I'm new here and hope you can help. I'm trying to install a new bathroom (first time). I'm using JG speedfit connectors and pipe. The mixer valve hot and cold inlets have small filters in them, which obstruct the connecter I'm trying to attach. Any ideas on how I solve this? The first one leaked... I can't imagine I'm the first person to have this problem, though my online trawlings haven't been successful.

Many thanks,

Matt

20190313_142124.jpg

20190313_142107.jpg

20190313_153124.jpg

Hi Matt, and welcome.

Have you read the instructions to see what you can use? Hard to depict from photo, but you may be trying to use the wrong connector. Looks like it could be for the shower arm/hose connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut the upstand on the connector off flush with where the washer goes

i wouldnt use a tap connector in this situation , {not to say you cant or its wrong} i prefer to use female irons and ptfe tape, you get a much bigger sealing surface area as opposed to a small rubber/fibre washer,

Reply to Hello and advice needed, pushfit and shower mixer valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer shower valve leaked and gave way and I am looking to replace. I am looking for recommendations what model would I replace it with and how would I replace it if I changed the model! I would like to change the type of model to a lever one. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting installed. So the pump is the - SALAMANDER PUMPS CT FORCE 30 SU REGENERATIVE SINGLE SHOWER PUMP 3.0BAR from ScrewFix - seems like a decent one for the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock