Search the forum,

Discuss Hello all - please help - dishwasher inlet into sink tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, All

I am a DIY enthusiastic kind of guy and in a bit of pickle.
I live in a rented place and have no plumbing for a dishwasher.
Need to know if I can connect inlet of a dishwasher into tap of my sink

I saw some item on eBay like below
Washing Machine Faucet Quick Brass Water Tap Hose Connector Adjustable 20 ujkl | eBay

But it is from China and month of wait
. Is there anyway I can have some solution from b&q or Screwfix..

Thanks

Could be doable but not with anything like that, you would need a new supply cutting in to the supply to the tap. Might be best to get the landlord to do this. Also avoid tat from ebay, look for "WRAS" mark and go to a plumbers merchant - they will also be able to advise (if you don't go at a busy time). You also need to consider the drainage from the dishwasher (unless you're thinking of running this into the sink - not a great idea) sorry to be a bit negative but asking the l/l is the first thing I would do. Good luck.

Could be doable but not with anything like that, you would need a new supply cutting in to the supply to the tap. Might be best to get the landlord to do this. Also avoid tat from ebay, look for "WRAS" mark and go to a plumbers merchant - they will also be able to advise (if you don't go at a busy time). You also need to consider the drainage from the dishwasher (unless you're thinking of running this into the sink - not a great idea) sorry to be a bit negative but asking the l/l is the first thing I would do. Good luck.
I did ask LL but they didnt budge. they are a business company with 200 houses.

Coming to drainage that is what I am thinking to put it in sink..

Is there a way I can use rubber pipe extender which can fit in with a connector from inlet to the tap?

Any pointer to that?

No sorry will blow off or leak

No sorry will blow off or leak
Aah that's what I thought too... :( I am out of ideas .. so trying to get the photo of plumbing unit ..

15498026257344226346860074742591.jpg

Your options are either Tee off the water supply to the sink tap, or no dishwasher, any of those other options are asking for trouble and you could quite likely be looking at loosing your deposit +more to repair the damage.

It is plumbing under the sink and the inlet for washing machine

If you swap the washing machine speedfit valve, for a Tee, you could then have two washing machine valves coming off the Tee, that would give you the two cold water supplies you are looking for. Might be one to get a plumber out for if you're not comfortable working with these, would be a pretty quick job for a professional.

Yeah but not ideal as they're pretty flimsy and you can't isolate the appliances individually, there's a brass version with an isolator on each connection that would be better. I think screwfix do them, more expensive but much better, or as also mentioned above, use a tee then 2 separate appliance taps.
The pipework under there looks totally unclipped/unsupported, you'd need to sort that out before changing anything under there or the landlord would blame you if something blew off and flooded the house.
Thinking about it, to be covered you'd need a competent, insured person (i.e. a plumber) to carry out the work with your landlords written permission. If you did it yourself and something went wrong you'd be 100% liable for all the damage.

Reply to Hello all - please help - dishwasher inlet into sink tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock