Search the forum,

Discuss Height of a Viessmann boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m about to hang a new Viessmann boiler prior to the commissioning and notice the guide says it must be a maximum of 1925mm from floor if the DHW cylinder is below it. I would like to position it 100mm higher than this but don’t want to do so blindly so what is the reason for the height stipulation?

Boiler is Vitodens 200-W system boiler with fully pumped pressurised system. DHW cylinder is 1800mm tall with lower coil connection 450mm from floor. Boiler and cylinder on same floor.

in the instructions it states this is a recommendation so its probably the max height that viessmann recomend from a work/servicing perspective.

I'd speak to viessman before you install it. If you install it too high and there ever a fault requiring repair under warranty, you may find they'll refuse to work on it from a safety point of view.

I'd agree it's an access issue.
It means cylinder physically below it, meaning you'd have to reach over it to get to the top of the boiler, which is not what you're proposing I assume?

But as above confirm and post the result on here for others.

Too high that would make servicing a pita

Being quite tall I didn't consider servicing as an issue, I wanted to get the control panel higher so I didn't have to stoop. From a warranty view I will mount it the recommended height. Thanks all.

Being quite tall I didn't consider servicing as an issue, I wanted to get the control panel higher so I didn't have to stoop. From a warranty view I will mount it the recommended height. Thanks all.
Once the 200’s are set up , just leave them , you wont need to play with it.

Reply to Height of a Viessmann boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to add a shower into a small bathroom, I'm looking at moving my hot water cylinder to the loft. Currently, I have a vented 200L cylinder (in the bathroom) with the principal source of heat being an Economy 7 setup, which gives adequate hot water for our needs. The cylinder also has an...
Replies
Views
We are a few months into our Viessmann Vitodens 100-W 19KW Heat Only boiler and it is working fine. We replaced an old 1999 Baxi. Our house is a 2 bathroom 4 bed detatched, built 1999. The engineer did not really know the Viessmann boiler and I am not convinced his approach of “turn everything...
Replies
Views
Hi I am new to this forum so forgive me if I add this to the wrong place. I have purchased a 2 storeys property which will be converted to an HMO of 6 Bedrooms and 5 bathrooms(3 on the ground floor and 2 on the first floor). The property is derelict now so we will need to rip everything out...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a large house, 20 radiators + UFH. Heated house area is about 350 m2. House is class B, it is written in the certificate that house requires 73 kWh(m2/year) for heating. I had my system fully upgraded last year, installed new Vitodens 200-W 49 kW (B2HA) model with Vitotronic 200...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Y plan open vent system, boiler 30+ years old, and requires replacement. My plumber is recommending fitting a new Viessmann 11kw System boiler in the current boilers position. The problem is he plans to run two new separate pipes fro the boiler to the hot water cylinder. Once this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock