Search the forum,

Discuss heatslave drian down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Hi all, im new to the forum and looks like there are some very knowledgeable people on here so thought I would ask a question.
I have a heatslave boiler to drain down, could I close all trv's and just drain down from the boiler using the drain off so I only drain the flow and return pipes?

Why are you draining it down? Bit more info and more likely to point you in the right direction :)

Diverter valve replacement, sorry should have said, so I need to empty the system unfortunately

Oh no you don't. Which diverter is it? ACL, old Honeywell grey cartridge or Honeywell metal case?

Inside the boiler with a metal case on the motor (actuator)?

Yes in the boiler, it's not working and easier to change the whole thing than check motor gear box etc, the usual obvious signs of no dhw just heating

Yes in the boiler, it's not working and easier to change the whole thing than check motor gear box etc, the usual obvious signs of no dhw just heating

You ever done one? Undoing three screws is a damn site easier than changing the full 3 port.

One warm rad when you turn the tap on water runs cold, yes I have changed a few but with full drain downs, this takes time and cost's money, it might be easy to check but it's all time consuming and the part is ordered

No a customer, just wondering if it could be simply drian down the flow return not far off when all the radiators are locked but one with the drain off so you dont empty the whole system

You're having a laugh. Take it your not a plumber or heating engineer then.

Oftec registered heating engineer!!!!!!!! Could and would happily pm my details

a quick check, a 002 head and a 6 way junction box would have fixed it. ah well.

A new diverter valve will fix it, it was a simple question and now everyone's a funny , im not a diy chump just having ago I run a successful business and it's a job I didn't want due to the amount of time it will take so I suggested to change the whole thing, you can drain just on part of a system because I have done it

Last edited by a moderator:
For an expert you know very little. i.e. that a head change is far quicker than a valve change.

hows about editing out your swearing and some of us might help out then

It is edited out

And head change is only quicker if the ports are ok and the gears are switching

But you said you were changing the full unit as you didn't have time to do a proper job.

"Could I close all trv's and just drain down from the boiler using the drain off so I only drain the flow and return pipes?" Any engineer should know this, but yes you could but more likely to get air locks doing it this way

Which can be pulled out later,

I didnt remove and inspect because of time and I didn't want it the diverter is faulty simple if there happy to change it thats fine but I didnt want the job

"Could I close all trv's and just drain down from the boileng the drain off so I only drain the flow and return pipes?" Any engineer should know this, but yes you could but more likely to get air locks doing it this way

Yes I know this just want the job out the way without spending a few hours doing nothing and charging for it

Which can be pulled out later,

I didnt remove and inspect because of time and I didn't want it the diverter is faulty simple if there happy to change it thats fine but I didnt want the job

Sorry, but it's not fine. Changing parts that you haven't checked are faulty is wrong and not something I would expect from a so called 'professional'. End of todays lesson.

dont get me wrong, but you didnt want the job, custards are happy to pay for something that may not be needed,and so your happy to carryout work that may take longer to resolve due to your methology. From my experience oftec would say that your not carrying out their professional working practice ethos. If swapping the diverter head may work, if having proved the valve side is ok, why arent you doing so, to give the custard a cheaper and working solution to their problem.

Lesson? You're a chump who would charge more to remove inspect and diognose rather that a simple fix like they want

diagnose, actually and this is what your paid to do ultimately

Lesson? You're a chump who would charge more to remove inspect and diognose rather that a simple fix like they want

No I would find out exactly what the issue was, then I would fix it. Probably at half the cost and in half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heatslave drian down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock