Search the forum,

Discuss Heatslave 12/14 Bentone B9A problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Not sure if anyone can help me but I’m losing my mind over this.

Went to service a Worcester Heatslave 12/14 that hadn’t been used for a few years.

Ive had various problems, from the pump giving me 200 psi to the fan turning intermittently....

I’m at a stage where the boiler won’t fire at all. I’m thinking oil pump but too scared to get another one incase the same thing happens!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

If it's been stood unused for a few years I'd be sticking in a spare burner from my garage.

By the time you start messing with fuel pump, motor, maybe fan and not to mention the electronics in the burner.

Bearings on motor could be gone.
Is motor turning okay?
Does the oil pump show proper oil pressure?
Is the ignition working?

Motor wasn’t working, would turn intermittently so I changed it.

When I managed to get it fired it was showing me like 200 psi...

Ignition works fine no problems there.

Last time I tried before giving up I was getting between 0-50 psi, didn’t fire like before.

No idea what to think at this point.

Motors are usually okay after being unused if kept dry. Bearings need replaced though.
The nozzle always needs replaced for sure
Oil pump might be gone. Also seal in oil pump can leak once it drys out
Keep air setting down to approximate correct point to get burner to fire

Reply to Heatslave 12/14 Bentone B9A problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock