Search the forum,

Discuss Heating on upstairs when it is turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

confused

Hi

My radiators are on upstairs when the heating is not set to come on. It seems to happen when the hot water is on.

Any thoughts?

Aye, you have a problem. Need to elaborate, more info reqd

It's the way it is piped and has done that since the day it was put in.
Shut the valves on the upstairs radiators. Its not worth spending the money on alterations.

If (when) you ever get a new boiler fitted it will not do it then.

the heating controls are set to off. The hot water comes on for 20 mins in the early evening, as we have solar, so it just tops it up. We have notice the last few nights that the heating upstairs has come on. Tonight I have checked all radiators the ones upstairs are on downstairs stone cold. also the thermostat upstairs is set at 16 it clicks at 21. ? we have a split system Ie controls for downstairs and upstairs. It is oil.

As usual my mind reading abilities failed me. I've never been any good at that.

Get whoever fitted it back.

Thats the problem he has made so many problems all communications have broken down. He is demanding his money via solicitors letters, which was recieved 13 days after the date of the invoice. Very aggrssive man. I think I now need to get another installer to check it and suggest what needs doing.

did they change the heating pipework or just plug in the new boiler where the old one was

They changed loads in the actual boiler room and did alterations to others

Thats the problem he has made so many problems all communications have broken down. He is demanding his money via solicitors letters, which was recieved 13 days after the date of the invoice. Very aggrssive man. I think I now need to get another installer to check it and suggest what needs doing.

Solicitors letter 13 days after invoice - what a nob.

You need to write back to him explaining that you are not happy with the installation, list the issues and then see what happens.

Is he Gas Safe?

sorry but theres always two sides to any story, you really should try and resolve your issues with each other, after all have you paid him for his materials and held back on labour or have you refused to pay anything. If someone withheld all monies fm me I expect I might become aggressive, you probably would. In this situation unless you jaw jaw its war war and no one wins, compromise is the only answer, we cant help with that only you can

Solicitors letter 13 days after invoice - what a nob.

You need to write back to him explaining that you are not happy with the installation, list the issues and then see what happens.

Is he Gas Safe?
how do you know he is a knob, you dont have the full story, but talk is the only way. ps it is an oil boiler, being gas safe isnt required:)

how do you know he is a knob, you dont have the full story, but talk is the only way. ps it is an oil boiler, being gas safe isnt required:)

Who in their right minds engages a solicitor, 13 days after the original invoice, to send menacing letters?

I have written back fully detailing all the problems no he isnt gas safe, its oil boiler. The engineer wasnt Oftec but the Boss was he came to the house for about 1/2 hour in total. And the two sides are. he did a really bad job. i told him I would pay till it worked properly. he comes says he has sorted the problems and hasnt. so now he is aggressive. All my other tradesmen have been paid for work well done, I would be a knob to pay for a system that hasnt worked from day one. he has since telephoned my other trades men to see if they had been paid which they have. out of order. he also advertises that all his engineers are oftec trained and registered which the y are not. Cowboy comes to mind.

I have written back fully detailing all the problems no he isnt gas safe, its oil boiler. The engineer wasnt Oftec but the Boss was he came to the house for about 1/2 hour in total. And the two sides are. he did a really bad job. i told him I would pay till it worked properly. he comes says he has sorted the problems and hasnt. so now he is aggressive. All my other tradesmen have been paid for work well done, I would be a knob to pay for a system that hasnt worked from day one. he has since telephoned my other trades men to see if they had been paid which they have. out of order. he also advertises that all his engineers are oftec trained and registered which the y are not. Cowboy comes to mind.

Just make sure your communications are via letter and are politely and constuctively articulated!

Lame you are judging me, you know nothing about me. I am an honest person who pays bills on time .

Lame you are judging me, you know nothing about me. I am an honest person who pays bills on time .
too right, I can understand that your unhappy, but have you paid for anything? an oil boiler isnt cheap and you have to pay for that, its the labour you can consider with holding to ensure things get resolved with out the aggro. re being oftec, there is no law that states you have to be oftec to install an oil boiler, stupid but true, calling the firm cowboys isnt fair, what in your system doesnt work apart from a pipework issue causing 1st floor rads to heat, the rm stat is easy, the dial is misaligned and needs setting up, could be a factory fault or fell off when put up easily resolved. Any more? if you come on here complaing, expect that not all of us will back you to the hilt, to often its 6 of one etc. Why not spend time talking to your boy, a phone call and hard as it is an apolagy from you would probably start things off properly. If you dont it will cost you dear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone whos been told to **** off maybe ?

Hum, twice the nob then.

If a customer tells you to go away, then you let them pay you in there time, and I would say that's 30 days.

No Court will take you seriously if you haven't alllowed the customer due time to pay the bill PLUS write to them with polite reminders.

my terms are the same as tescos jobs done payment please, if you want 30 days that will cost more, means my cash flow is brilliant and all my creditors get paid quickly and I get very good terms as well. from what the op said, he has refused payment which means a court will be on the plumbers side re that one, learn you law or have a son whos a lawyer if your not sure. He does all my late payers:)

Ahhh now I remember the other thread on this one.

So how much you paid him?

Ahhh now I remember the other thread on this one.

So how much you paid him?

Just found it too, its the man that wouldnt tell the whole story, wish I'd remembered, I wouldnt have bothered offering any opinion good or bad:)

LOL - 62 posts and we still don't really know what the problems are!

The immersion heater only heats the water to 44Âş, the upstairs radiators are working, there is a bit solar in there somewhere and he's fell out with the plumbers :smile:

As usual my mind reading abilities failed me. I've never been any good at that.

Get whoever fitted it back.

It is a great misconception that plumbers balls are made of crystal, CONFUSED as us all confused, the answer is in the detail, are there any good books on mind reading anyone's read, here's a starter for 10.

9780470173442.jpg

Well I asked a basic question re , heating on upstairs when it shouldnt be. I get abuse. You give plumbers a bad name. Why should I apologise and what for? As for a judge being on the side of the fitter, I think you will find if the terms of the invoice are 21 days and he threatens court action after 13 days, with well documented ongoing problems, The judge will not view this in a good light. As for having a solicitor for a son I am married to one.
Also please note, advertising that all your engineers are Oftec trained and registered when they are not is fraud.

Also i am a woman.

I don't think you got abuse, but you have come on here before giving half a story, still no full details and whingeing about your install and installer.

Fact is that you don't have to be oftec to install a boiler, sad but true.

Fact is that you have to be oftec to commission a boiler.

The truth of the matter, and probably the fact you don't like, is that giving part info on here isn't going to fix your problem.

I suggest if you believe you have issues with your install then you have to give your installer chance to rectify these issues. I would also add that if the installer has stated 21 days on his invoice and is chasing payment and threatening solicitors letters then it is of my opinion that you are not quite the innocent party you are trying to paint yourself as. It takes two to fall out.

Well I am afraid I havent done anything wrong. Totally innocent but on the receiving end of a bad installer who is arogant enough to demand money. None of my other trades men have had problems and have all been paid , and paid substantial amount of money. As for Oftec advertising you are when you are not is just not cricket.

well it does seem just over the internet that you are a bit sharp !

Please tell us the breaking point of the communication , why have you allowed this to happen ? so we can have a full understanding of the story !

As for your problem it well be so easy to put right as all engineers here already know what could be the problem !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating on upstairs when it is turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock