Search the forum,

Discuss heating loft conversion? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greg72

I have recently converted my loft and installed one radiator. The expansion tank is an inch or two above the top of the radiator. When the heating is on only the bottom inch of the radiator heats! Has anyone any ideas on how to fix this problem?

If your boiler has an over heat thermostat in you could convert the rads to a sealed system. This would circulate the water through the top rads and solve your problem! You need additional heating components such as expansion vessel and filling connection with gauge with high pressure outlet. This will sort it! If the boiler has no overheat then you are in trouble call a heating engineer!

If your boiler has an over heat thermostat in you could convert the rads to a sealed system. This would circulate the water through the top rads and solve your problem! You need additional heating components such as expansion vessel and filling connection with gauge with high pressure outlet. This will sort it! If the boiler has no overheat then you are in trouble call a heating engineer!
Thanks, I figured that would solve it but wanted to make sure before I put in the work. Is there any other solution before I change systems or is this my only choice?

You could raise the header tank but 50 /50 chance of top radiator filling with air over a few months,would got for the pressurised system as Rydell sugested
If your boiler does not have a high limit thermostat a kit will be able to be fitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating loft conversion? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock