Search the forum,

Discuss heating engineers leeds/wakefield free help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkesy_plumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi there im a time served plumber since school, im 28 now, just finishing my ACS exams. I am looking to work along side a gas engineer locally to gain some more experience in boiler servicing and land lord certs etc. i would basically just need to shadow the engineer not take any evidence. its just for my own piece of mind wanting to be the best gas engineer i can be before i go out into the field.

i have great customer skills and have my own van so i can meet you on the job anytime. i can repay by taking on small plumbing jobs you dont want for free (i have my own insurance)

thanks for reading guys i know its a big ask :clover:

hi there im a time served plumber since school, im 28 now, just finishing my ACS exams. I am looking to work along side a gas engineer locally to gain some more experience in boiler servicing and land lord certs etc. i would basically just need to shadow the engineer not take any evidence. its just for my own piece of mind wanting to be the best gas engineer i can be before i go out into the field.

i have great customer skills and have my own van so i can meet you on the job anytime. i can repay by taking on small plumbing jobs you dont want for free (i have my own insurance)

thanks for reading guys i know its a big ask :clover:
I don't think it is clear what you are offering as repayment.If taking on unwanted plumbing jobs are you offering to do them for nothing and the payment for the job goes to the person you are shadowing? In any case,a heating engineer is often just that and is unlikely to bother with plumbing.However the main problem is the one that is always raised.If you work in the same town,you are being trained as possible
competition.You show a good attitude in wanting to be the best you can.I think you may have to learn on the job.I have an aps which has virtually all boiler manuals on it and sometimes you get really good help from technical depts.I recently had some good advice re-a 21 year old Myson Apollo which the customer needs to keep going through this winter.Basically each repair is a learning experience.Servicing is easier.Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating engineers leeds/wakefield free help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do appreciated for any advices . MOD* Please use the forum PM Service to contact members! Thanks!
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in London and the Southeast I'm looking for an experienced self employed engineer (or another ltd company like myself), own transport, tools etc. good rates...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock