Search the forum,

Discuss heating coming on randomly any ides in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasmk1

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
other than the obvious

system s plan changed programmer as the water side had stopped working. but apparently it comes on anytime during off periods.
sometimes for hours sometimes for short periods. frost stay looks like it works ok set at 3 degrees. 2 port does open and bring on the heating when no call checked valves and they do shut. not checked microswitches yet but dont think they are sticking. (on holiday now so cant check) what other control could cause a demand. any ideas appreciated

Prog new ish ?

Is the room thermostat a programable type also? How does the customer run their hot water timed or constant (thinking maybe reverse circulation if the hot water is constant an so keeps firing to top up cylinder but is loosing heated round ch system
*has it got a weather componsenator? I don’t know a lot about these but others may come along with more info

potterton ep 3002 replaced with new potterton direct replacement, room stat normal dial type hot water and heating run timed for approx 2 hours morning and evening then she uses boost if required for longer. it has come on when my mate was there but he is not great a breakdown faults, he did say the 2 port on the heating was open and it was on for about 10 mins then went of, it was happening before the new programmer fitted

How many wires going to brown of ch 2port can only be opening from power going to the brown.Maybe is a frost stat issue if it’s wired to ch zone valve

frost stat is my main thought my mate checked it out but not convinced as he is not 100% with electrical work i told him to change it but he panicked, i cant get there as on holiday

frost stat is my main thought my mate checked it out but not convinced as he is not 100% with electrical work i told him to change it but he panicked, i cant get there as on holiday

might be worth taking the sw/l back out and seeing if that sorts it

Fair enough,check that & how many wires you’ve got going to the brown on the 2port it’s got to be whatever is connected to it causing the random opening of the valve! Now enjoy your holiday an forget about it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating coming on randomly any ides in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock