Discuss heating/boiler advice, honeywell thermostat - what is my state? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

please can you advice on my situation?

i have a valliant combi eco tec plus.

I dont have a working thermostat. so does this mean the heating is juts on or off or? whats going on? pictures probably make more sense...

the dial with a radiator on the boiler, is that just a kind of minumum to max?

the connected honeywell device by wire that i'm holding up just has a binary on off switch on it, seems pointless?

the two honeywell thermostat looking devices seem inactive/broken/no battery/ not connected

how can i use the thermostat devices with temperatures on? should i? do they need to be directly wired? or should wireless? if wireless can i piut them in any room?

please see pics!

IMG_9743.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

IMG_8761.JPG

thanks mate. so ive stuck batteries in "hcw80" the wireless rf, but it seems dead, following this video:
Binding the Y6630D Wireless Room Thermostat - Honeywell UK Heating Controls

so i guess i need to order one of these, ideally second hand from somewhere

Honeywell Y6630D Spare Wireless Thermostat Only HCW80.

what i'm not sure of now then, is how the other mains powered thermostat t6360 fits into the picture, is this an optional extra? does this mean there is some zoning and i need 2 thermostat temperatures?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/honeywell-t6360b-1036-room-thermostat/26159

you would need a 2nd generation nest, you can get a hive or a tado or another wireless stat thats internet connected

Curious about that hard wired thermostat, should be obvious where that came from.

so there are 3 things in the pics and its the 3rd one:
1) The receiver - which is connected to the boiler and has light on (part of Binding the Y6630D Wireless Room Thermostat - Honeywell UK Heating Controls)

2) the wireless thermostats- which has the cover lifted off in the first pic. this also came with the link above, y6630D, but is broken.

So i get how those 2 work, if they worked!

3) then i have this, which need to be wired into mains somewhere it sounds, cant take a battery. if the wireless one above in (2) is working would i even need 3? seems a pain to find somewhere to wire in that has electric in wall anyway?

That stat isn't wired to the mains but straight to the boiler and was probably replaced by the wireless receiver.

you would need a 2nd generation nest, you can get a hive or a tado or another wireless stat thats internet connected
probably will start a new thread... i was thinking Tado because i could do with one or 2 rooms a different temperature (new baby on way) to the rest and they have smart radiator valves available to, to effectively create a zone in those rooms. but its seems the most expensive system and just read they now force you to have a monthly subscription.. any quick thoughts?

ohhhhh so i could swap it back? if i wanted as wireless one not working. but thermostat would then be in the kitchen.

Correct but the stat location is the problem, no reason why you couldn't extend the loom to where it is needed which is crude but would work for time being.

Not as pricey as Honeywell but you can get a Siemens wireless kit for £60 or so which seem to be reliable. Twenty minutes work for a sparky or ten for a heating engineer.

Not as pricey as Honeywell but you can get a Siemens wireless kit for £60 or so which seem to be reliable. Twenty minutes work for a sparky or ten for a heating engineer.
Had a few issues with Siemens. Massive time delay on switch on for auto setting. Stick with Honeywell or look at Drayton

it is low, and needs a top up but its working at the moment!
Press bottom left button and it will tell you water pressure in bar. You might already know but I thought I would tell you anyway. Those gauges are a good guide to filling without power on but not very accurate.

so there are 3 things in the pics and its the 3rd one:
1) The receiver - which is connected to the boiler and has light on (part of Binding the Y6630D Wireless Room Thermostat - Honeywell UK Heating Controls)

2) the wireless thermostats- which has the cover lifted off in the first pic. this also came with the link above, y6630D, but is broken.

So i get how those 2 work, if they worked!

3) then i have this, which need to be wired into mains somewhere it sounds, cant take a battery. if the wireless one above in (2) is working would i even need 3? seems a pain to find somewhere to wire in that has electric in wall anyway?

3 is not needed it was probaly wired to where the receiver is now, you need to decide whether to get a new RF stat or see if you can get the old one to bind with its base station, the base station/receiver needs to be secured to the wall. you could replace like for like, or go for a wireless prgammable room thermostat https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeyw...programmable-room-thermostat-cmt921a1042.html

Reply to heating/boiler advice, honeywell thermostat - what is my state? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back