Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss heater exchange baxi duo tec ???? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. tarb

tarb New Member

before i buy a new boiler can anyone give me peace of mind please
    got a 10 year old baxi dou tec that's losing pressure within a few hours/. replaced expansion tank and prv which helped for a week but now just as bad
    condensing pipe running all of the time and radiators constantly got air in them but cant find any visible leaks
    been told heater exchange but been told the wrong diagnosis before
    any help would be appreciated

2. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Get it replaced it sounds likely a 10 year old boiler is not worth spending money on, the baxi platinum 33erp is a straight swap and will give you 10 year manufactures warranty . Kop

3. Andyh

Andyh New Member

Try isolating boiler from system via valve s
    For 24 hours if pressure drops definitely boiler, however I've tried this before never had a positive result though . Put leak sealer in rad and then check condensate trap for the leak sealer , which shows leaking heat exchanger. And Baxi replace heat exchanger as part of one off repair, around 290 I think

4. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I'm with KOP on this one.

5. tarb

tarb New Member

Thanks I’ll admit defeat and get a new boiler but just my luck I do and it was an easy fix lol

6. tarb

tarb New Member

Losing pressure within a couple of hours and still thinking should I buy some leak repair fluid from Screwfix

• Like Like x 1