Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Heated towel rail is cold in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. richie51

richie51 New Member

I turned the central heating on tonight for the first time since the Spring but the towel rail in my bathroom won't heat up. I must have turned the rail off a couple of weeks ago, when I attempted to add inhibitor. After trying to follow an online video on how to add inhibitor I gave up and thought I'd reversed the actions but I've clearly missed something as it now won't heat up. I'm sure it's just one simple step I've overlooked. Can anyone help?Thanks.

2. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Open both valves fully on the towel rail (anti- clockwise).
    If one of the valves is thermostatic (trv), then you need to check the pin on the valve body hasn’t seized.
    Check if any air in towel rail by bleeding it.
    Next turn most of system rads off and run heating for a short while to see if towel rail heats.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

As above ^^ it will be one of those.

• Like Like x 1
  4. richie51

richie51 New Member

All working again! Many thanks for your help.:)

5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Air lock?

6. jerrywilson

jerrywilson New Member

Completely agree about air in towel rail. I had similar problem and couldn't find this way for a long time