Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Heated bidet toilet seat in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. mutley racers

mutley racers Plumber GSR

Hi all. For some reason I am getting people asking about these things.

Does anyone know of any that are wras approved and can recommend them.

Cheers all

2. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Have a look at Regal Bathrooms in Burscough ..its a
    disabled thing ..Darren is the main man there
    Rob Foster aka centralheatking

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. mutley racers

Thanks, will have a gander.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Can’t fit them unless you break tank them

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mutley racers

You talking about the seats in general Shaun

6. ShaunCorbs

Bum wash seats yes

• Like Like x 1
  7. mutley racers

8. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Just tell them to get somebody else to sit on it beforehand to warm it through

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

I think WRAS have approved a couple of bidet seats, so presumably if you install in line with MIs it will be in line with regs without having to use a break tank. Think you can search on the WRAS website for items they've approved.

From when I was last doing some looking into this, I came across the following that claim to be WRAS approved:

Bio Bidet: The world's first WRAS-approved electronic bidet toilet seat
    Bidet Seat Range | AKW

Would definitely cross reference with the WRAS site to make sure that they are definitely approved and its not clear from either of their websites how they have managed to meet the regs for cat5 fluids.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. ShaunCorbs

If you look on the wras site it tells you the install requirements normally

Doesn’t mean it’s approved without extras eg cat 5 if the head is below the spill line etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

We did all the research for a customer who ended up not requiring it in the end...if you
    are still keen I will dig it all out
    it was 2015 ...regards Rob Foster aka centralheatking

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

Must admit when last looking into it seemed like a can of worms and decided its not worth . Have just tracked down the
    Any chance of sending it my way too?

13. mutley racers

If you wouldn't mind.

Thanks

14. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

Yep you're correct, downloaded the MI last night and they just mention the need to install a ''suitable" check valve. No mention of anything else required/spill line... It's pretty **** for WRAS to have approved it as it is, as it doesn't actually guide you into how to install it in line with cat5 requirements. Had assusmed (mother of all...) in order for them to approve it it would come with everything needed to meet the regs, or at the very least instructions on how to met them. There isnt even a mention that there are specific requirements that have to be met due to cat 5 fluids involced ! This country really does need to sort out it's regulatory environment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ShaunCorbs

Yep me and Yorkshire Dave has a discussion about it as it stands it’s not wras compliant but doesn’t state that anywhere

• Like Like x 1