Search the forum,

Discuss heat pumps course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jayman

Hello to all I am thinking of doing heat pumps course but is it worth it is there any call for it I have not see one out there so is the course worth doing yet ?

local college near me does all this, but of no interest to me until the government stops ****ting around with all their paper chasing schemes and subsidies.

We've started to do heat pumps. Boss said the courses are a 'waste of time' hes screwed up alot of it and the builders are wanting 1000's of pounds. Hes blaming it on manufacturers telling him the wrong stuff.
He sents me to fix these machines when i say i dont know any renewable energy.

All fun and games lol get on a course! :)

Ahhhh renewable's comes down to the simple fact that you cant make something outta nothing they plan just don't work. If a squirrel drops his guts next to the fan on the external air handling unit it locks out. The idea is there but the technology isnt.....

The only decent courses are manufacturers courses for the pumps you're fitting. I'm doing one with danfoss this week, and have done Panasonic and kingspan. There is nothing much you can do with the pumps but the system design in terms of controls are different to a conventional system.

And yes, environmentally ASHPs arn't all they're cracked up to be. They might be getting 3:1- 4:1 COPs, but the loss's in the national grid all most completely cancels that out. But the future might be different with all the micro generation schemes going

impossible to sell unless ur customers are on oil. if they have gas and choose heat pumps they must be eco minded.Then u have MCS to deal with....at least the gas safe guys when out with u have a clue....

I'm getting a few people call on mains gas now, most have pv and want to add ashp. It will work but install cost will put some off

I don't see the point on going onto these courses as they r so easy to put in and you won't be able to fix them unless your Fgas reg and you won't have the gear to so you will have to call another guy like me to come in lol;)

you dont need f-gas for a monobloc heat pump unless the compressor goes down which is very rare nowadays

The amount of compressor I change that have bin set up wrong ( pipe length from condensor to short or long which makes the unit undergased or over would make you laugh) as they make the pipe run part of the condensing process which gives to much or not enough supper heat as they make the condenser smaller to save on there build cost now days :)

Yes the monabloc r good small units but I don't understand fiting somthink that you can't fix everythink on

Think you're talking about air con heat pumps this thread is about air to water heat pumps something entirely different

Y Wots diffrent apart from water is used? All heat pumps work the same if its cooling heating water air? Not much changers lol, its like in office buildings and they have a vertech system there the same

O rite I thought the only thing diffrent is the way the heat is exchanged be it water or air lol apart from that a heat pump works the same be it heating or cooling bar a reversing vale lol.

Hmmmmm, having Fgas doesn't mean you know everything there is too know on a heat pump. True most plumbers can't touch the refrigerant side, but that's a small part if it. The hydraulic layout, wiring and controls are the main head scratcher on heat pumps.

The units will tell you when gas pressure is too low/high. Only after a plumber checking plate heat exchanger circulation, only then I would get in a fgas'd engineer.

The only decent courses are manufacturers courses for the pumps you're fitting. I'm doing one with danfoss this week, and have done Panasonic and kingspan. There is nothing much you can do with the pumps but the system design in terms of controls are different to a conventional system.

And yes, environmentally ASHPs arn't all they're cracked up to be. They might be getting 3:1- 4:1 COPs, but the loss's in the national grid all most completely cancels that out. But the future might be different with all the micro generation schemes going

The Panasonic course is a good one.. Ive got a Panasonic running at my house, they are efficient if your heat emitters are sized to work well at lower flow temps, and the house is insulated and draught proofed.. Otherwise you're in for a shock when you get the electric bill.....

Thanks
Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heat pumps course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock