Search the forum,

Discuss Heat pump cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How many are replacing with dedicated heat pump cylinders like the dimplex or gledhill large surface area coils, or have you found that you can piggy back a standard & solar coil to achieve a similar result.

If a heat pump cylinder, which do you prefer?

Thanks in advance

Used a few with 1 1/4coil great re heat times not far off tank in tank times

Sorry Gray, what do you mean by a 1/1/4 coil? 35mm???????

Is this a gravity/ solid fuel cylinder then that you've used for a heat pump?

never seen an 1 1/4" coil before to be honest.

Your going to think it's all I can suggest but an ACV SLME has a massive surface area

Also look at Joule (Jouleuk.co.uk) large range of cylinders for most purposes including tank in tank, they do heat pump, solar, twin ... usual suppliers, or for better prices than most try gogeothermal.co.uk

Also look at Joule (Jouleuk.co.uk) large range of cylinders for most purposes including tank in tank, they do heat pump, solar, twin ... usual suppliers, or for better prices than most try gogeothermal.co.uk

Just taken a look, i like the horizontal unvented's design!

Google 'Copper v Stainless Steel' and then select the link to the Copper Industries website.

Then download the report. It is very comprehensive but also very interesting.

Page 3 summarises and OK so it is only 28.8%.

and of course, Copper Industries are going to offer an unbiased view for a copper vs. stainless argument.

We've just installed a 16kw heat pump with a 150 litre HP cylinder (stainless steel) which has a 2.8m2 coil. Currently it heats the entire cylinder from 11 - 48 degrees in 35 minutes.

How many copper cylinders come with a 25 year guarantee?

As for the stainless steel cylinders corroding in Guernsey, put a copper one in and see how long that lasts.

So in reality, even if there was a difference in efficiency, there is no argument as stainless steel is more than suitable for the job required.

Last edited:
Google 'Copper v Stainless Steel' and then select the link to the Copper Industries website.

Then download the report. It is very comprehensive but also very interesting.

Page 3 summarises and OK so it is only 28.8%.

Lol and you think it wasn't fixed lmao

If you read the report correctly and see who carried it out it was University of Ulster. As part of a Knowledge Transfer Partnership, Copper Industries assigned the graduate the task of carrying out unbiased tests on both materials. If ever you needed written proof of something this is it.

That seems quite a long time considering the size of heat pump. Next time try a copper tank with 3m sq of highly efficient integron coil and see how you get on. Probably heat up more than 28.8% mroe efficiently, considering the copper tank has a superior coil.

All our copper unvented comes with a 25 year gaurantee and massive numbers of copper tanks will out live this, and have done! Stainless steel is so new to the market no-one knows how long it will last.

Copper tanks have been around in Guernsey for years and still going strong. As I have said copper will form a biofilm which protects from the aggressive content in the water. We use 1.8mm gauge copper for our unvented which is plenty heavy enough...compared to 0.55mm stainless steel as many of the manufacturers use.

Stainless steel is more suitable for the job when higher pressures are involved and there is a tight budget to stick to. if you want to best hot water tank stick with the tried and tested material, Copper.

I take it you work for copper industries
I also know who did the report for the University lol

If you read the report correctly and see who carried it out it was University of Ulster. As part of a Knowledge Transfer Partnership, Copper Industries assigned the graduate the task of carrying out unbiased tests on both materials. If ever you needed written proof of something this is it.

That seems quite a long time considering the size of heat pump. Next time try a copper tank with 3m sq of highly efficient integron coil and see how you get on. Probably heat up more than 28.8% mroe efficiently, considering the copper tank has a superior coil.

All our copper unvented comes with a 25 year gaurantee and massive numbers of copper tanks will out live this, and have done! Stainless steel is so new to the market no-one knows how long it will last.

Copper tanks have been around in Guernsey for years and still going strong. As I have said copper will form a biofilm which protects from the aggressive content in the water. We use 1.8mm gauge copper for our unvented which is plenty heavy enough...compared to 0.55mm stainless steel as many of the manufacturers use.

Stainless steel is more suitable for the job when higher pressures are involved and there is a tight budget to stick to. if you want to best hot water tank stick with the tried and tested material, Copper.

Ps your maxi pods have a problem with the non return valve popping off and flooding
Your fittings that are pre done leak like mad

I could go on

Hah! You couldn't make it up.

Or is that what you just did?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat pump cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock