Search the forum,

Discuss Heat proof/insulating washers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very heavy gauge aluminium Indian wok (Karahi) that I like to use, trouble is so the handles and rivets are also aluminium so thought I'd re-rivet the handles but add an insulator of sorts to stop getting branded. I rather not use nylon or PTFE but hoping you fellas might come up with an alternative idea like a heat resistant fibre board that won't degrade and is fairly commonly available.

Ideal thickness between 2-5mm, thanks for any suggestions.

Don't muck up a traditional design that stood the test of time. If cooking with oven gloves or welder's gauntlets doesn't appeal, just use two wooden spoons. one to stir and one to steady pan. Slipping the spoons from outside, through handles so they project 50mm past rim will allow pan to be lifted. Opposing forces will prevent pan slipping off spoons.

washers will not make much difference youllo still have the rivet or bolt to conduct heat

Which is why the handles are there to push a stick through. Not grab hold of when hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat proof/insulating washers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock