Search the forum,

Discuss He24 - removed rad now won't work at all in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I removed a radiator downstairs to wallpaper when I put it back on the he24 will not fire up at all and shows an error code L9.
The pressure had dropped to 0 so I refilled the system. This happened when I removed a radiator before but last time I shut off all the rads except the one I had removed and fired the system while bleeding it which worked. Sadly this has not worked this time.
I am getting water from all of the rads when I bleed them.
The casing of the boiler does feel quite warm.
Help.

Air lock close all the rads except the closest to the boiler upstairs and then turn the heating on will heat the pump working should move it

Tried this earlier but nothing was happening. When I tried to fire it up just got the L9 code again. Will give it another go now it has all cooled down.

You sure you have pressure in the system eg around the 1-1.- bar

Is that by just filling the system a bit more. It is showing at just under 1.5bar.
Thanks

Its a tricky one , the gauges arent the most accurate, I would try up to 1.8 ish , reset it and go again , it might be enough . If it works after its fired open a bleed screw and get it down to 1 bar ( cold)
Pain when this happens, but we can go into the boiler , sorry I cant tell you what to do unless one of the mods ok’s it .

After resetting it the boiler tried to fill itself and went off. By the time I got downstairs it had fired up and we now have hot water and heating.
Thanks for all your input guys really appreciate your help.

Reply to He24 - removed rad now won't work at all in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock