Search the forum,

Discuss Have you come across this Toggle? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I use brolly anchors mainly if I have to, but I got a few of these heavy duty toggles years ago, but never have seen them since.
They have a solid piece of metal brace but have a spring linked to a collar so you can fit it without the bolt and it will never fall out, unlike old type spring toggles - even if you have to remove the bolt someday.
Anyone seen them before or know if they are available?

image.jpgimage.jpg

I remember seeing plastic versions of them but can't remember who made them. Maybe unifix.

They look great never seen them before

Yes, probably one of the very best toggles I have ever come across. Ideal for where there is an existing hole in plasterboard from a previous spring toggle and can be replaced with one of the above, so that rad brackets or electric shower, etc can be removed and replaced any amount of times.

Yes, probably one of the very best toggles I have ever come across. Ideal for where there is an existing hole in plasterboard from a previous spring toggle and can be replaced with one of the above, so that rad brackets or electric shower, etc can be removed and replaced any amount of times.

Can you remember who makes them or what they're called mate?

Can you remember who makes them or what they're called mate?

That's the problem, unfortunately I have no idea. I got some of them a few years ago. I normally use toggles (brolly anchors) only if I must and I kept the type in the photos for the odd occasion they are perfect for.
I think they were expensive. Can't see them online

That's the problem, unfortunately I have no idea. I got some of them a few years ago. I normally use toggles (brolly anchors) only if I must and I kept the type in the photos for the odd occasion they are perfect for.
I think they were expensive. Can't see them online

Shame! They look really strong...

Shame! They look really strong...

Yes, - solid, flat piece of metal for the brace, and it is thick enough to enable it to have plenty of threads for the bolt. The collar attached with a spring is ingenious.
I am going to keep searching for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Have you come across this Toggle? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am not a plumber, but very fluent in residential plumbing. My Daughter has a building in town. There are 2 Woodford wall hydrants. Neither one work. They are both the same. This one is missing the vacuum breaker. They may have never been turned on (or even opened) since the building was built...
Replies
Views
Im looking to install a saniflo or similar, with the outlet rising up through a flat roof and into a soil stack above. The problem is, this obviously poses a frost risk. Ideally I would like to have a method of draining back the contents of the pipework above the roof level once the pumping...
Replies
Views
Hi, Since Thursday, my Myson Touch (model 1, wired) screen is unresponsive and I’m not sure why. The screen itself has a full display but it doesn’t respond when you try to use it. It’s still working with the boiler so I have heating/hot water. I contacted Myson who admitted they’d never seen...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I've had unfortunate issues throughout my adult life and more so since switching to a largely plant based diet of blocking toilets. Across multiple houses I've run into issues with it so I don't think it's one toilet specific, it's just me. I seem to produce a lot of poo! While it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in NSW, AU, trying to replace the washers in some shower taps but have not been able to find a tool to undo the nuts holding the handles on. I can perhaps brute force it but this is a rented property so don't really want to do that! The nuts are octagonal! They have a slot in them but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock