Search the forum,

Discuss Has anyone ever come across a faulty E6 meter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
I think I have a faulty E6 meter. Has any one had this before. ?

Why do you think its faulty? My parents had a faulty one when they first came out. Gas was almost free for 10 years!

Really low gas rate, about 2.5kw on a Sabre 25he condensing. Water was nice a hot. inlet pressure fine.

I checked it a few times. I'm almost positive. The only other thing can be blocked gas valve or something, but that would explain the hot water.

Tell us what the readings were after two minutes or take them again and post them, rule of thumb is take the gas used in 2 mins and multiply by 321 to give you the HI, so on a 25kw boiler you are looking at burning about 0.078m3 of has over two minutes
As you have calculated it at 2.5kw my first reaction is you have the formula right but have the decimal point in the wrong place

went to do a service in the morning and the meter wasnt registering and clicking away so called suppliers and left
got a call to go back as suppliers said nothing wrong with meter when i went back the meter wasnt ticking and was registering and was a different colour to the one in the morning

What's the TB for this one? Can't find button
egaja6ap.jpg

Tell us what the readings were after two minutes or take them again and post them, rule of thumb is take the gas used in 2 mins and multiply by 321 to give you the HI, so on a 25kw boiler you are looking at burning about 0.078m3 of has over two minutes
As you have calculated it at 2.5kw my first reaction is you have the formula right but have the decimal point in the wrong place

First meter index .090 - 2mins - .098 (Boiler on full rate)
0.008 x 3600 x 10.76 / 120 = 2.58 kw gross!

Anyway it's turned off and in landlords hand now.

The way I calc Gas rate,
2 min reading (0.008) X 30 X 10.76,

Still 2.5824 KW Gross

That’s some meter.

To relight this thread I have had the same happen again, meter index not updating. And yes I have pressed b button

These meters are junk. Had 2 brand new meters fail on jobs so far this year. Each one was only a few weeks old. One had not moved off its original display index. The other ones screen completely blank after pressing 'A' a number of times.
Must be about 5 in total over last 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has anyone ever come across a faulty E6 meter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock