Search the forum,

Discuss Has anyone been able to... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Stop a slight weep on a solvent weld fitting? I would just cut this out but it is on a short soil pipe boss connector and if cutting it out and replacing means changing a lot.

Cheers

Try stabbing at the joint with a loaded brush of solvent weld to get some in there (jab along line of pipe, into end of fitting).
Then blob some on a bit of spare pipe and when it goes that toffee consistency scrap a bit off and work it into the joint.

Much easier method, just use some stixall or ct1 of the appropriate colour.

Thanks guys.

I tried the stabbing method with weld which helped but not fully. Was going to go for some LSX but will go for some stixall instead.

Don't think the dense will go down well with the BCO when inspecting.

Denso tape , proper bodge job but works

I've heard this said about Denso few times on here. Never used it but in my mind if it genuinely works it's only a bodge if you can see it. Otherwise it's a solution. May have to give some a go some point.

Any tricks /tips to applying it / anything it won't work on (i'm guessing nothing at pressure)?

Pardon me, but why use that sort of stuff when you can do it properly?
To use it in this instance only means you put off the inevitable - doing it properly. Unfortunately though the customer is never going to ask anyone back who's job has failed a little while down the road... :rolleyes:

Pardon me, but why use that sort of stuff when you can do it properly?
To use it in this instance only means you put off the inevitable - doing it properly. Unfortunately though the customer is never going to ask anyone back who's job has failed a little while down the road... :rolleyes:

I used it on a 6 inch soil pipe the rubber seal had gone so put a couple wraps of denso around it until i could get the soil pipe.

Completely forget about it ,was on for few years before i went back for another job. Their it was bone dry, probably last longer than the crappy rubber seals tbh

Or make your own!
Collect up all the uPVC pipe cuttings (swarf), make sure it is clean & not contaminated with dirt. Make a little pile mix it well with a good amount of solvent weld until in melts into a paste the quickly apply with a stick or blade.
It has worked for me & better than £18 worth & returning to site.

Well, now that's a good amount of replies. Went with the stixall innthe end. Seems to have done the job.

If I have to do it again, (hopefully not) I will try Chris' Method.

Reply to Has anyone been able to... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock