Search the forum,

Discuss hard wiring digistat into Worcester 28Si II Combi... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

morganeer

Hiya Chaps (and chapesses),

I currently have the 7 day digi timer on the 28si II WOrcester combi boiler but have purchased a wireless thermostat - Siemens RDJ10RF - and want to install it rather than get an extortionate priced worcester one! ;)

Question is how to wire it in...?

The timer currently has a red,white and blue wire leading to the 5 pin plug attaching to PCB (i.e. two spare pins on plug)
The new receiver wiring requires (from diagram) -
L1 = N.O Call for HEat (ON)
LX = Common
L2 = N.c. Heating satisfied (OFF)
+ Note VOLT FREE CONTACTS. L2 Not normally used. For 240v Switching link L and LX.

I have been told its easy but can anyone make it easier by telling what goes where PLEASE.

Thanks a lot.:)

take the siemans back and get a honeywell,easier to install and use

Long time since i done one but if i'm right only 2 wire connections from digistat to boiler because volt free!

Hiya Chaps (and chapesses),

I currently have the 7 day digi timer on the 28si II WOrcester combi boiler but have purchased a wireless thermostat - Siemens RDJ10RF - and want to install it rather than get an extortionate priced worcester one! ;)

Question is how to wire it in...?

The timer currently has a red,white and blue wire leading to the 5 pin plug attaching to PCB (i.e. two spare pins on plug)
The new receiver wiring requires (from diagram) -
L1 = N.O Call for HEat (ON)
LX = Common
L2 = N.c. Heating satisfied (OFF)
+ Note VOLT FREE CONTACTS. L2 Not normally used. For 240v Switching link L and LX.

I have been told its easy but can anyone make it easier by telling what goes where PLEASE.

Thanks a lot.:)

honestly mate these are straight forward,get someone in.....!!!!

honestly mate these are straight forward,get someone in.....!!!!

I know its straight forward which is why i wanted to save the cost of an electrician when I am perfectly capable of doing it! BUT following your advice I have booked him in for tommorrow and then I will put the correct wiring details on the end of here for people to find when wanting to do the same.
Fingers crossed.

just to finish this thread for future use please note following
remove boiler cover and grey cover with the isolate sticker on it.
you'll see the bar with a couple of wires in it and lots of empty slots.
You can bring power to the receiver by using Ns and Ls (neutral and live) on left of empty slots.
Then L1 in receiver goes to LR and Lx in receiver goes to Ls (Lx and Ls to right hand side of bar) You should have one spare slot in between those two sets of wires.

Easy peasy.

PS
Clock has been left IN and turned to ON position for the new digistat to work all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hard wiring digistat into Worcester 28Si II Combi... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock