Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Hansgrohe Exafill lever problem in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Liam32

Liam32 New Member

Hi - hoping someone can help. I've had an issue over the last week or so where the lever has become increasingly stiff. Today I've tried using it again and it's fallen off (see photo - placed lever back in position for purposes of this picture). Does anyone know if I can replace the lever easily, and if so how?
    Thank you in advance.

IMG_4553.jpg

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Replaced loads of the newer version lately. Not the blooming cheapest of pop up wastes.

3. Harvest Fields

Speak to hansgrohe. See if it is available as a spare. But as I said I have had to change a few recently.

4. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Mr muscle and other aggressive cleaners are to blame.
    Try 3 in one penetrating oil overnight

5. Liam32

Liam32 New Member

Thank you for replying. Have you replaced just the lever or the whole thing?

6. Liam32

Liam32 New Member

Great will do - thank you

7. Harvest Fields

I had to do the whole thing but that was because the pop up for the waste had snapped.

8. Liam32

Liam32 New Member

Ah ok - thanks again

9. Harvest Fields

No worries. Give them a call. They are quite helpful.

10. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Question is, for me at least, why has it seized? Understand that and behaviours can be modified so it last much more.

Agree to speak to Hansgrohe.

Personally I'd replace the lot as the likely hood of other bits being christmas crackered are high. When the new one goes in, make sure it's liberally lubricated with JUST silicone grease. Anything else has high potential to create its own long term problems

• Like Like x 1