Search the forum,

Discuss Hand cleaning and care in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all hope you are all ok, my hand seem to be gathering crud in the creases on my finger's and I was wondering what you lot use to keep them clean and smooth. Is swarfega still the best or is there a new king of handcare?
Merry Christmas, Dave

Hi all hope you are all ok, my hand seem to be gathering crud in the creases on my finger's and I was wondering what you lot use to keep them clean and smooth. Is swarfega still the best or is there a new king of handcare?
Merry Christmas, Dave

i use swarfega, ive got one of these in the back of the van, Swarfega Hand Care System Dispenser | Hand Cleansers | Screwfix.com
a squirt of cleaner when i go the van for something and the hand cream if my hands feel dry

stick some silver sand in the swarfega, or a pinch onto your hand. it will clean 10x better

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a scouring pad with normal soap in the shower. Deals with the rough skin at the same time.

Then a dab of norwegian formula hand cream. The skin on my hands is tough as old boots but you wouldn't think it if you saw or touched them.

i didnt get the crab bit?

norway stuff is very good stuff for slit hands etc

Nail brush in the shower, need 3 or 4 days off to get them truly clean :)

After reading a article a few years ago, on what was in hand cleaners etc etc, I stopped using them all together .
I only use soap, but wash them regularly . If they are really @rapped up a small amount of washing powder and fairy liquid works for me .

I wear "assembly'' line gloves almost all the time, they are very light weight and nimble enough for our work. They last about a week or two for a couple of quid each they save my hands and the bother of having to deep clean them.

If not a good barrier cream applied for a minute at the beginning of the day will save your hands and time cleaning them, my hands were in poor shape before I started using cream and then gloves.

As with the use of knee-pads, ear-plugs and safety glasses, there is nothing macho about being a cripple when you're older, our work can be hard enough so look after yourselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hand cleaning and care in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock