Search the forum,

Discuss hand benders? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

deg

any one use these? im finding more and more often that my rothenberger hand bender is "rippling" the pipe on both 15 and 22. ive even flattened a piece of copper to use between my slide and roller but makes no difference, any one else have the same trouble??? :(

had a similar problem myself on last job. 22mm pipe rippled. on the next outing sprayed it with wd 40 (other lubricants/water displacers are available) and it worked ok

This is a common problem when the benders are worn or dirty.

Check that the formers and guides are clean and in good condition. If they are mucky give them a clean with wire wool. Also check that the rollers are free to spin. Also check the guides for damage. I was taught to keep my guides separate from the rest of my tools as they are easily damaged.

When I was at college basic maintenance of tools was taught as part of the course but I assume this is not the case now as one of my work colleagues had a similar problem with his bender and I had to show him how to clean it.

Mike

This is a common problem when the benders are worn or dirty.

Check that the formers and guides are clean and in good condition. If they are mucky give them a clean with wire wool. Also check that the rollers are free to spin. Also check the guides for damage. I was taught to keep my guides separate from the rest of my tools as they are easily damaged.

When I was at college basic maintenance of tools was taught as part of the course but I assume this is not the case now as one of my work colleagues had a similar problem with his bender and I had to show him how to clean it.

Mike
quite right mike forgot to say i always give 'em a good rub with very fine wet and dry(still chuck them in with other tools tho :eek: :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hand benders? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock