Search the forum,

Discuss Half clay sewer pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchdc

Hi,
I need some help please.
I have installed a new toilet and all the soil pipe and I now need to connect to the underground sewer pipe. I need to drill through the wall of my manhole and connect to half clay pipe. How do I connect to half clay and where can I buy the necessary bits, plastic? Clay?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

DC

You know that needs notifying ?
The materials you'll get from a builders merchant but it will need connecting in properly !
can you post any pictures of the job ?
I have a building inspector coming round tomorrow and I am going to pick his brains but did not want to seem too thick.
I will take some photos. I have looked online but there seems to be very little info and half pipes seem a thing of the past. Where can u buy them?

I would either find the pipe before it enters the chamber and tee into it or replace the chamber for one with a new branch !

I would either find the pipe before it enters the chamber and tee into it or replace the chamber for one with a new branch !
The only option available is I think to replace the existing half clay with a new branch but in clay or plastic. Where do I get a half branch in plastic or clay ?

There is /was a firm in the Elland / Brighouse area of West Yorkshire , no idea where you are but they made the clay pipes the traditional way , probably a Tesco express now , but it may be worth a internet search

I live in south Devon so am going to see what building inspector says and go from there. This plumbing lark is far more difficult than people think!!!!

I'm glad you noticed.
Quite often people look at you with that
" it's just a bit of pipe " expression lol.

Let us know how you go on with the building inspector!

I'm glad you noticed.
Quite often people look at you with that
" it's just a bit of pipe " expression lol.

Let us know how you go on with the building inspector!
Saw inspector this morning he was very helpful. I can join to existing half clay with plastic and bash out existing benching to make it fit, sounds like fun.
So will it give it a go. He also criticized existing state of joints and benching and when I told him I had a drain survey only last year which passed with flying colours he told me to complain about the survey, so must now wait for surveyor to come back on Friday afternoon. As it cost me over ÂŁ200

I think it only fair he has a look and I hear his side of the story. Where is best place to get plastic drainage fittings?

Normally builders merchant in my part of the world !
It needs to be underground stuff
( brown).
It will be hard work that.
You'll have to knock a hole in wall of chamber, remove benching and manage not to crack the drain.

Obviously, you have seen it and I haven't so you have the advantage !

Good luck and thanks for coming back

( brown).
You'll have to knock a hole in wall of chamber, remove benching and manage not to crack the drain.

I have a diamond core drill to get through side of manhole and a chisel drill to bash out a channel. It won't be easy but I think I can do it. I will need some help with the benching and hopefully somebody here will give some good advice regarding right mix and correct materials so forgive me if I ask stupid questions. I am an ex it man and take great pleasure from building/plumbing projects. The skills involved are very special and somewhat underrated but give great satisfacaction when you get it right. If I had my time again I would have gone into the building/plumbing game. You guys are the salt of the earth and I hope will help me in my projects.
Thanks to all.
DC

( brown).

Have broken into chamber and now looking to bash out some of benching. What is best tool as seems very tough? I have used chisel and hammer but thinking about hammer drill and chisel, is that a good idea? I am feeling pretty pleased with myself as is going well. What will I need to do benching? I only need a metre of brown pipe but where to get it from. Tool station seems good for fittings but only sell pipe in 6 metre deal. This is complicated but I will persevere. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Dc

Have broken into chamber and now looking to bash out some of benching. What is best tool as seems very tough? I have used chisel and hammer but thinking about hammer drill and chisel, is that a good idea? I am feeling pretty pleased with myself as is going well. What will I need to do benching? I only need a metre of brown pipe but where to get it from. Tool station seems good for fittings but only sell pipe in 6 metre deal. This is complicated but I will persevere. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Dc

You will only get pipe in a 6m length maybe 3m if your very lucky

And depends how much bench you want to take out, if you only want to make a slot drill the outline you want (being careful not to go too far into what's underneath of the bench) and drill a load of holes inside your slot

Or if you want to take one whole side of the bench off sds chisel / bolster and hammer and work from one side, once it's started to crack and move shouldn't be that hard

You will only get pipe in a 6m length maybe 3m if your very lucky

And depends how much bench you want to take out, if you only want to make a slot drill the outline you want (being careful not to go too far into what's underneath of the bench) and drill a load of holes inside your slot

Or if you want to take one whole side of the bench off sds chisel / bolster and hammer and work from one side, once it's started to crack and move shouldn't be that hard
Thanks,
Managed to get 3m of pipe and fittings from tool station this morning. Will try and make a slot drilling holes this afternoon, wish me luck!

DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Half clay sewer pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock