Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Grohe thermostatic mixer making noise in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Rajen

Rajen New Member

Hi,

I have replaced an existing thermostatic shower mixer with .

Grohtherm 2000 Thermostatic shower mixer 1/2" | GROHE

The house has an unvented cylinder and the pressure out of the shower outlets is 2.0 bar.

However, when the shower is switched on with a low flow rate, there is a whirring / whinning type sound which I think is coming from behind the tiles directly behind the shower bar.
    This noise reduces when the flow is increased or is masked by the increased sound from the water coming out.

The previous shower bar was similar to this one .

Artisan Thermo Shower Valve & Fast Fit Connectors| Bristan

And it did not have this noise problem.

Could this be due to the higher minimum operating pressure of 1.0 bar for the Grohe as opposed to 0.1 bar for the Bristan ?

I have two unit of the Grohe and they both have the same problems in different showers of the house, so I don't think it product fault.

2. plumb_know

plumb_know Plumber GSR

I have had this problem with another shower, i solved it by taking out the hot water flow restrictor.

you may need to add a flow limiter though

3. plumb_know

plumb_know Plumber GSR

also are the hot & cold supplies the right way round going into the shower?