Search the forum,

Discuss Grip It fixings useless? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Decided to try these out to affix a radiator to a plasterboard wall. Is it me or are they crap. Use sounds easy but I cannot get on with them. Drill the hole fit the thing into the hole is fine. Now turn the centre with a screwdriver to open the wings. Two problems the screwdriver required is a flat bladed one of an odd size. I have searched my screwdrivers and cannot find one of the correct size either too small to operate the cam or too large to fit into the slots. Other problem is the cam setup is plastic and easily mangled, I managed that no problem! Will be returing to you know where.

Never used them as I can't see how plasterboard will handle 60kw plus

It's you, there's a bit of a knack. The blues (x4) are rated to supporting 100+ kg or over 25kg each. You need a large flat head to to open the "wings" but I prefer hollow wall anchors.

Never used them as I can't see how plasterboard will handle 60kw plus
Biggest one says will support 113kg about which I do not disagree as they talk of sheer loading ie a wall is different to if one wanted to affix the rad to a ceiling, now there is an idea would free up wall space!

It's you, there's a bit of a knack. The blues (x4) are rated to supporting 100+ kg or over 25kg each. You need a large flat head to to open the "wings" but I prefer hollow wall anchors.
I am not sure how they rate them as blue is supposed to be 113Kg which I assume is per fixing but again we are talking sheer loadings.

I got given some as a sample when they first came out. Tried them in my own house to fix WC cistern to plasterboard wall. They worked well. I used the little red ones that you just turn the metal cams out with a little screwdriver. No idea how the big blue ones with the central screw work. Too expensive to use professionally, and never really felt the need.

I was given a sample here on the old forum by the manufacturer to test and I just didn't like them. For really heavy rads, I prefer M8 and M10 toggle bolts. Ok you lose the cavity toggle if you undo them, but it's rare that I have to remove the brackets from a new radiator from a wall, so this is rarely an issue. Other wise I use good old reliable brolly fixings and a setting tool.

I was given a sample here on the old forum by the manufacturer to test and I just didn't like them. For really heavy rads, I prefer M8 and M10 toggle bolts. Ok you lose the cavity toggle if you undo them, but it's rare that I have to remove the brackets from a new radiator from a wall, so this is rarely an issue. Other wise I use good old reliable brolly fixings and a setting tool.
Yes me too, the inventor is now a multi millionaire and was on Dragons Den and everything and fair play to him but I have to say I hate them, absolutely pointless. Umberella fixings for me.

Never heard of them Mr Kopsta , enlighten me !!
You must of used these Town .

Screenshot_20181113-202927.png

I am not sure how they rate them as blue is supposed to be 113Kg which I assume is per fixing but again we are talking sheer loadings.

Yes my mistake, it is for each fixing so that is quite impressive. When I have used them they've been ok but you need a 10mm slotted screwdriver or you will chew up the mechanism.

Reply to Grip It fixings useless? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock