Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Greenstar 30CDi Leak in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. urw0rst

urw0rst New Member

Hi
    Hoping somebody could give me a heads up regarding this problem I've discovered on my Greenstar boiler.
    Hoping its just a seal or washer replacement and possibly something I could do myself.
    It's a slow leak starting at the top in and around the yellow locking clip and running down back of pump.
    Drips about once every 10 seconds and only when heating is switched on.
    Running hot water taps doesn't seem to affect it.
    Any help much appreciated.

I've also included a 'WeTransfer' link showing a video of the leak (Video active til 25 November 2018).
    boilrt3.zip

Cheers leak2.jpg leak1.jpg leak2.jpg
    Ray

2. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Unless you have a current gas certificate of competence you should not even be in this boiler , taking the cover off is defined as work to a gas appliance . Your home insurance is now invalid . Call an expert on Monday who is gas safe registered. You can turn off the central heating feed and return valves below the boiler to prevent any more water leaking but that’s it for you , Rob Foster aka centralheatking
    If you close these valves turn off boiler ,all controls to off

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. urw0rst

urw0rst New Member

Somewhat over dramatic but thanks for the reply.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

I am afraid you will need a engineers vist just put a plastic tub under the leak till you can get a repair sorted make sure the covers back on . Kop

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

No drama in keeping people safe.

• Like Like x 1