Search the forum,

Discuss grant boiler cutting out after 3 seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter gillies

I have an external oil fired grant boiler. I have just fitted a new oil pump and bled the system but the boiler fires up for 3 seconds and then cuts out. any ideas???

Oil pump gauge?
Analyser?

Then stop messing around with something that could kill you or your family.

Hello Simon, you stole my next post to the OP! As you said get someone in who knows what they are doing. Oil boilers can produce a lot of CO and need to be set up correctly by someone who knows what they are doing.

We hear it all the time. I found today we were competing against a postman for an install of an oil boiler! Luckily the Customer had some sense and we got the job. Frightening really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to grant boiler cutting out after 3 seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an oil delivery booked for Friday but we ran out earlier today. We topped the tank with 150L from containers, bled the first boiler from the Allen key until the oil ran free and it fired up fine. Did the same on the second one but that had an E9 over temp error. We reset the thermostat...
Replies
Views
Hi Oil experts. I had a grant wall boiler with a failed transformer. Carried out a service and pretty sooty nozzle, and baffles build up suggest not cleaned in a while. The bottom baffle on the left corner had completely burnet through. Any Idea on the process on how this occurs and why just...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
Z
  • Question
My oil fired boiler won’t fire up it is in lockout After a power cut my oil feeder is showing out of fuel- it isn’t. And now my boiler is in lockout and won’t fire. It was working fine before the power cut. Checked & no air in the system Plumber thinks I need a new feeder but I’m unsure...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some advice. We have had an issue with our boiler of late and recently had a 3 port actuator replaced. What’s happening now is when we turn the water and heating on by the control panel the boiler cuts out after a couple of minutes. We opened the valve of the actuator and now...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock