Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss grant boiler cutting out after 3 seconds in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. peter gillies

peter gillies New Member

I have an external oil fired grant boiler. I have just fitted a new oil pump and bled the system but the boiler fires up for 3 seconds and then cuts out. any ideas???

2. johnf

johnf Active Member

Hello Peter
    Do you have the necessary equipment to set the correct pressure on the oil pump?

3. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Oil pump gauge?
    Analyser?

Then stop messing around with something that could kill you or your family.

• Like Like x 1
  4. johnf

johnf Active Member

Hello Simon, you stole my next post to the OP! As you said get someone in who knows what they are doing. Oil boilers can produce a lot of CO and need to be set up correctly by someone who knows what they are doing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Too many idiots think it's only gas that's a problem.

6. johnf

johnf Active Member

We hear it all the time. I found today we were competing against a postman for an install of an oil boiler! Luckily the Customer had some sense and we got the job. Frightening really.

• Like Like x 2