Search the forum,

Discuss GRANT Air Source Heat Pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Unguided1, get grant out asap and the weather comp being by-passed is a joke

like I said in earlier posts Grant do come to look at it but they can't wait to get back in the van and on the way back home due to the distance they have to travel and when contacted they seem very lax in coming to see them it can take weeks to get them there and when they leave they say they will put together a report on there findings but when we call them back eveyone denies any knowledge of previous visits

like I said in earlier posts Grant do come to look at it but they can't wait to get back in the van and on the way back home due to the distance they have to travel and when contacted they seem very lax in coming to see them it can take weeks to get them there and when they leave they say they will put together a report on there findings but when we call them back eveyone denies any knowledge of previous visits

I reckon that if you block their van in they have got stay as long as you do, and If it were my customer I would make sure that I turned up with a sleeping bag, mind you the giant thumb of doom hates it when I refer to her as my sleeping bag!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
As Unguided says, block their van in or take a photo of them whilst they are looking at the unit. That way they cannot deny any knowledge of the unit/visit.

I reckon that if you block their van in they have got stay as long as you do, and If it were my customer I would make sure that I turned up with a sleeping bag, mind you the giant thumb of doom hates it when I refer to her as my sleeping bag!!!!!!!!!!

lol like ur style but u haven't seen the size of the driveway...... might be better to get a wheel clamp....

Usually any heat pump that has an immersion fitted is because the manufacturer has optimised the heat pump to comply with EN14511, so that the unit can attain MCS accreditation, and because the unit has been optimised to work at between 6 and 7 degrees c this means that when they work at temperatures below minus ten c they start to fall down hence the back up immersion, so really I would say that in reality it is not fit for purpose especially if these units are doing both heating and hot water

Last edited:
yes they are doing both heating and hot water but obviously at the moment only hot water due to the fact that the building is a new build with a very high standard of insulation even down to triple glazing and far and above building regs insulation for walls and ceilings

yes they are doing both heating and hot water but obviously at the moment only hot water due to the fact that the building is a new build with a very high standard of insulation even down to triple glazing and far and above building regs insulation for walls and ceilings

so at what temperature are the flow and return temps on the heat pumps

lol like ur style but u haven't seen the size of the driveway...... might be better to get a wheel clamp....
I served my time way back when as an electrcian , Then went into refrigeration / HVAC the rest is history and a long one at that

I served my time way back when as an electrcian , Then went into refrigeration / HVAC the rest is history and a long one at that

ok cool wel my customer is now watching this thread too so if he gets intouch with me and wants ur contact details i will pm you :)

Is this aerona fitted with a BTC controller because it could be that upsetting it all

yes it does have what they call a BTC controller which is located within the ASHP

here is the link to the installation guide the BTC controller you can see on page 44

http://www.bhl.co.uk/images/tagged/...rce Heat Pump Installation and User Guide.pdf

but surely if that was upsetting the system their engineers would have disconnected it??

I would suggest that you get them to completely disconnect the BTC controller then run it up and check the pump again it could be a rogue BTC that is playing up

I would suggest that you get them to completely disconnect the BTC controller then run it up and check the pump again it could be a rogue BTC that is playing up

I have no idea how the internal controls work as I have not dealt with them at all but I may suggest that when/if they come back...

The BTC controller is basicly a setpoint controller allowing the heatpump to run in different parameters and different temps so you will find that the heat pump is running in its normal parameter in heating mode, but when its in domestic hot water mode it will be running completly outside its parameters.

I do not know how this stands with EN14511 and I have my doubts about the COP claim of 5.8 when its working on hot water mode, but I bet that its the BTC is the problem

Blimey, probably awaiting a response from their experts in china then

Blimey, probably awaiting a response from their experts in china then

LMAO more than likely unless it's delays in Japan due to the tsunami they are supposed to be a British product I thought??
but still waiting for a response well the customer gave them 10 working days to get it sorted which gives them to the 15th of this month my guess is they will be coming out on the 18th.....

Nah yer can see its a chinese pump but if the last component is fitted in the uk then they can say made in the UK, probably the legs!!!

How long has this fiasco been going on
I read you mentioned october which is just before the weather came, but how has the performance been previous

How long has this fiasco been going on
I read you mentioned october which is just before the weather came, but how has the performance been previous
October 2010 is when they were first fired up after installation and they have never run correctly at all

Sorry for negative but, if heat pump manufacurers were honest aout the cop you wouldnt be able to mortgage the building. They are only as clean as where u get ur lekkie from ha

Sorry for negative but, if heat pump manufacurers were honest aout the cop you wouldnt be able to mortgage the building. They are only as clean as where u get ur lekkie from ha

your not being negative, but factual and what you say is very true and until all properties are built to sustainable code level 6 were all doomed, by the way welcome to the forum

They are supposed to be arranging a site meeting with a guy from Grant and a guy from plumbase who supplied them where the Grant guy is going to prove that they are working correctly and there is not a problem with them at all I personally can't wait....

I have passed on Quality's details on to my customer who is aiming to get him down to evaluate them and hopefully find the problem....

thatll be interesting to find out what they all think, got any pics of the installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GRANT Air Source Heat Pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock