Search the forum,

Discuss Gola exam 6129 level 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

northstar

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi all does anyone know if the gola exam is a open or closed book exam ? also how many questions? many thanks in advance

if it's the last one it will be closed book. in fact i think all the gola exams are closed book but i may be wrong.

All closed book and around 40 questions! As long as you have been ok previously and done your reading you should breeze it pal

Closed book and 50 questions just revise what you`ve already done :)regards turnpin

open book is you have your books to look at, closed no books allowed. are the questions 3-4 from each previous exams taken or more on certain things ? eg health and safety

open book is you have your books to look at, closed no books allowed. are the questions 3-4 from each previous exams taken or more on certain things ? eg health and safety

Ah right!. Its all closed book. Its a certain amount of questions taken from each module. Im doing my exam in a few weeks and im revising everything.

as far as i remember my 6129 gola ......all the questions I had a trouble before on the other exams came up on my final one !

ohhhhh did i not past it first time :)

Hi i did the gola exam last week it is closed book about 30 questions read that jtl book and u will be fine

Just had a look at my test examination score report and the 6 subject are
1. Describe the main bodies within the MES sector and basic health & safety issues that apply
2. Physical forces that impact on the MES
3. Interpret drawings, specifications and data
4. Tools and work processes
5. Calculate and quantify. Mark and ste out
6. Building and construction methods/materials used in the MES sector

When i read this i was like whats the hell does this all mean it's just fancy words for whats in the jtl book u get some funny questions not at all about plumbing some on maths some on the tools u use in plumbing some on symbols in plumbing like what symbol is a service valve stuff like that so have a good look at that page in the book some on health & safety and some on electrics. There was 7 of us who done the test and we all got different questions all of us passed so as i said if u read the book u will b fine

hi i have just took this exam last friday and it is 50 questions 8 different categories hope this helps

I took mine a couple of days ago it was 50 questons and was told the pass rate is 60% which is lower than all the previous tests

I got my Gola coming up soon for level 2 is there any cd to revise just for that, ive got smart screen and moodle which is a break down on all the units, and do any of you have anything that may help.those of you that have already done would you say easy - hard

I got my Gola coming up soon for level 2 is there any cd to revise just for that, ive got smart screen and moodle which is a break down on all the units, and do any of you have anything that may help.those of you that have already done would you say easy - hard

I found it quite easy. The best thing to do is go over all your modules you've done.

Hello everybody, I am working towards my C&G 6129 Basic Plumbing Studies Level 2. I am currently on my central heating system exam; please could everybody have ago to aswer these questions and just put down question 1 B etc... Thank you
1 In a two pipe system the
a) flow and return pipework are separated
b) flow and return pipework are mixed
c) return water is at the same temperature as the flow water
d) return water temperature is higher than the flow water.
2 Which of the following systems does the statement apply to?
‘The temperature of the last radiator on the circuit will be cooler than the first radiator.’
a) Two pipe system.
b) One pipe system.
c) Two pipe reverse return system.
d) Microbore system.
3 The
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]minimum [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]pipe size for the primary flow and return pipework from an independent solid fuel
boiler, to a hot water storage cylinder, is
a) 15 mm
b) 22 mm
c) 28 mm
d) 35 mm.
4 What is the normal size of an open vent pipe to a fully pumped heating system, in a domestic
property?
a) 10 mm.
b) 15 mm.
c) 22 mm.
d) 28 mm.
5 The connection of an open vent pipe and a cold feed pipe, can be made to a fully pumped
system using
a) an automatic air vent
b) an injector tee
c) an air separator
d) a diverter valve.
6 A zone valve in a pumped heating circuit is designed to
a) isolate the circuit when the desired temperature is reached
b) permit the system to be heated to temperatures above 100°C
c) stop the pump vibrating on its fixing mountings
d) prevent water from the flow and return pipes mixing.
6129-207 Version A
7 The main purpose of the vent pipe installed on a heating circuit is to
a) fill the system with water
b) provide hot water to the feed and expansion cistern
c) introduce air into the system
d) protect the system in the event of over-heating.
Figure 1
8 Refer to Figure 1. Which one of the following components is indicated by the British Standard
symbol shown?
a) Air Inlet Valve.
b) Draining Valve.
c) Double Check Valve Assembly.
d) Pressure Relief Valve.
Figure 2
9 Refer to Figure 2. Which one of the following components is indicated by the British Standard
symbol shown?
a) Drain off valve.
b) Air Inlet Valve.
c) Servicing Valve.
d) Pressure Relief Valve.
10 With reference to hot water heating, an injector tee would be used where
a) a return pipe from a gravity fed cylinder and a return pipe from a pumped heating circuit are
combined
b) a common cold feed separates to feed the hot water storage cylinder and the heating
pipework
c) a flow pipe from a cylinder and a flow pipe from a heating circuit are combined
d) the secondary open vent pipe and the primary open vent pipe are combined.
6129-207 Version A
11 A mid position diverter valve
a) provides priority circulation to the hot water circuit
b) provides priority circulation to the heating circuit
c) feeds both the hot water and heating circuits simultaneously
d) is used to discharge water from the system if it overheats.
12 When fitting thermostatic radiator valves, a general principle to follow is that
a) all radiators should be fitted with thermostatic radiator valves
b) at least one radiator should be fitted without a thermostatic radiator valve
c) only radiators on a dwelling’s first floor should be fitted with thermostatic radiator valves
d) only radiators on a dwelling’s ground floor should be fitted with thermostatic radiator valves.
13 Which one of the following can be fitted with a remote sensor?
a) Diverter valve.
b) Solenoid valve.
c) Motorised valve.
d) Thermostatic radiator valve.
14 An anti-gravity valve would be fitted in a
a) pipeline where air was being drawn into a system
b) vent pipe on a fully vented system
c) cold feed pipe to stop water backing up
d) pipeline in which unwanted circulation was occurring.
15 Which one of the following components would be strapped to a hot water storage cylinder?
a) Programmer.
b) Motorised valve.
c) Automatic air release.
d) Thermostat.
16 In an indirect system of heating and hot water, which includes a cold water storage cistern and
a feed and expansion cistern
a) the water level in the feed and expansion cistern should be below that of the cold water
storage cistern
b) the two cisterns bases should be at equal level
c) the water level in the feed and expansion cistern should be above that of the cold water
storage cistern
d) the water levels in the two cisterns should be equal.
6129-207 Version A
17 In a combined hot water and central heating system, including a feed and expansion cistern
with gravity primaries and pumped heating circuits, the
a) warning pipe to the F & E cistern may be connected to that of the cold water storage cistern
b) water level in the F & E cistern must be adjusted to 100 mm below the float valve whatever the
final level
c) water level in the feed and expansion cistern should be set to allow sufficient room for thermal
expansion
d) open vent pipe for the primary circuit may be connected into the secondary circuit.
18 The
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]minimum [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]size of primary cold feed pipe for a hot water heating system is
a) 15 mm
b) 22 mm
c) 28 mm
d) 32 mm.
19 Before filling a central heating system for the first time, it is advisable to
a) remove all radiators and replace each with a piece of temporary piping
b) turn the pump on to assist with the filling process
c) ensure that all radiator valves are left in the closed position
d) remove the pump (accelerator) and replace with a piece of temporary piping.
20 Which one of the following assists in the removal of flux from heating systems pipework?
a) Hot flushing a system as part of the commissioning process.
b) Adding soap solution to the system after testing.
c) Setting the working system temperature above 60ºC.
d) Installing all pipes with a fall away from the drain valves.
21 Combination boilers are designed to
a) provide domestic hot water and hot water heating
b) work with two different fuels at the same time
c) provide hot water from a storage cylinder and hot water heating
d) provide hot water heating only, through any type of heat emitter.
22 Which of the following is regarded as best practice when branching a large new radiator circuit
into an existing heating circuit in cold weather?
a) Drain the system down as the first action.
b) Branch into the pipework before fitting the radiators.
c) Install the new radiators and pipework runs before branching in.
d) Install the radiators, branch into the pipework and install the new pipework.
6129-207 Version A
23 When fully draining down a heating system
a) all the air vents should be closed
b) the open vent pipe should be capped
c) the air vents should be opened
d) the radiator valves should be closed.
24 A dwelling installed with steel panel radiators controlled by thermostatic valves is being
decorated. The radiators will be removed one at a time as the heating is to be kept on during
the work. Which one of the following precautions should be taken before removing the
radiators?
a) Remove the head on the thermostatic radiator valve and secure the pressure pin with a
retaining cap.
b) Set the thermostatic radiator valve to the lowest setting.
c) Set the thermostatic radiator valve to its highest setting.
d) Open the air release on the radiator, remove the thermostatic valve and block its inlet port
temporarily.
25 Which one of the following heating components may have a replaceable gland packing?
a) Zone valve.
b) Automatic air release.
c) Thermostatic radiator valve.
d) Central heating pump.
26 A pump on a central heating system has been renewed on a number of occasions. Which one
of the following could be causing the fault?
a) The system cylinder thermostat operating at low temperature.
b) Air in the radiators.
c) No system by pass when fitted with thermostatic radiator valves.
d) Damaged cylinder coil.
27 Which one of the following could be fitted in the pipeline to prevent unwanted circulation in
heating system pipework?
a) An anti-gravity valve.
b) A diverter valve.
c) A double check-valve.
d) A three way valve.

1 Ina two pipe system the

a)flow and return pipework are separated
b)flow and return pipework are mixed
c)return water is at the same temperature as the flow water
d)return water temperature is higher than the flow water.

2Which of the following systems does the statement apply to?
‘Thetemperature of the last radiator on the circuit will be cooler than the firstradiator.’

a)Two pipe system.
b) One pipe system.
c)Two pipe reverse return system.
d)Microbore system.

3 Theminimum pipe size for the primary flow and return pipework from an independentsolid fuel boiler, to a hot water storage cylinder, is
a)15 mm
b)22 mm
c)28 mm
d)35 mm.

4What is the normal size of an open vent pipe to a fully pumped heating system,in a domestic property?
a)10 mm.
b)15 mm.
c)22 mm.
d)28 mm.

5The connection of an open vent pipe and a cold feed pipe, can be made to afully pumped system using
a)an automatic air vent
b)an injector tee
c)an air separator
d) adiverter valve.

6 Azone valve in a pumped heating circuit is designed to

a)isolate the circuit when the desired temperature is reached
b)permit the system to be heated to temperatures above 100°C
c)stop the pump vibrating on its fixing mountings
d)prevent water from the flow and return pipes mixing.

7The main purpose of the vent pipe installed on a heating circuit is to

a)fill the system with water
b)provide hot water to the feed and expansion cistern
c)introduce air into the system
d)protect the system in the event of over-heating.

Figure1
8Refer to Figure 1. Which one of the following components is indicated by theBritish Standard symbol shown?

a)Air Inlet Valve.
b)Draining Valve.
c)Double Check Valve Assembly.
d)Pressure Relief Valve.

Figure2 9 Refer to Figure 2. Which one of the following components is indicated bythe British Standard symbol shown?

a)Drain off valve.
b)Air Inlet Valve.
c)Servicing Valve.
d)Pressure Relief Valve.

10With reference to hot water heating, an injector tee would be used where

a) areturn pipe from a gravity fed cylinder and a return pipe from a pumped heatingcircuit are combined
b) acommon cold feed separates to feed the hot water storage cylinder and theheating pipework
c) aflow pipe from a cylinder and a flow pipe from a heating circuit are combined
d)the secondary open vent pipe and the primary open vent pipe are combined.

11 Amid position diverter valve

a) providespriority circulation to the hot water circuit
b) providespriority circulation to the heating circuit
c)feeds both the hot water and heating circuits simultaneously
d)is used to discharge water from the system if it overheats.

12When fitting thermostatic radiator valves, a general principle to follow isthat

a)all radiators should be fitted with thermostatic radiator valves
b)at least one radiator should be fitted without a thermostatic radiator valve
c)only radiators on a dwelling’s first floor should be fitted with thermostatic radiatorvalves
d)only radiators on a dwelling’s ground floor should be fitted with thermostaticradiator valves.

13Which one of the following can be fitted with a remote sensor?
a)Diverter valve.
b)Solenoid valve.
c)Motorised valve.
d)Thermostatic radiator valve.

14An anti-gravity valve would be fitted in a
a)pipeline where air was being drawn into a system
b)vent pipe on a fully vented system
c)cold feed pipe to stop water backing up
d)pipeline in which unwanted circulation was occurring.

15Which one of the following components would be strapped to a hot water storagecylinder?
a)Programmer.
b)Motorised valve.
c)Automatic air release.
d)Thermostat.

Hi Steveb

I have done! I've passed all my exams up to yet and revisied properly for each one. The only thing is that other students im my class are falling behind and i am the only one who has passed all my exams so far, first time. And for my tutors its quite hard for them to sit with only 1 me alone to cover the modual. I dont want to leave it too late too - n ur right i should revise

Hi everybody again,

Is there anybody who is registered with C&G SmartScreen because I need the exam papers which are on there 6129 level 2 central heating onces. My smartscreen has been expired. Could somebody email me them there should be two paper 1 and paper 2. Thank you

Hi everybody again,

Is there anybody who is registered with C&G SmartScreen because I need the exam papers which are on there 6129 level 2 central heating onces. My smartscreen has been expired. Could somebody email me them there should be two paper 1 and paper 2. Thank you

How has it expired. If your a student it's part of your course?

Smartscren emailed my tutor and said that the college will have to register again, I don't know why though! If any body could get on to smart screen 6129 basic plumbing studies level 2 there are two exam papers on central heating with the answers on them, could some body email them to me [email protected]
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gola exam 6129 level 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock