Search the forum,

Discuss Gloworm flexion 18 kw rear flue heat only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning guys any ideas the best way to go vertical on this boiler if possible , the builder couldnt have made it more awkward i would rather not remove the boiler from the wall we have all been there and old boiler dont like being moved cheers kop

IMG-20171207-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20171207-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20171207-WA0000.jpg

Flat roof above ??

Sort of bud has two lantern type glazing prymids on the roof, will look like this once complete issue the is flue must always be accessible? Cheers kop

20171130_154827.jpg

Opening or permanent shut ?

Also that can be sorted depending on how handy the joiner is

shut mate you think its doable then ?

Yea the only kicker is

Are you able to get flue parts
And your key part is distance from the wall (eg fluing distances)

If you go VF boiler will have to come off the wall , take blanking plate from top and use to seal R/Flue should be able to get V/Flue kit, but if boiler is 8/10 years then now would be a good time to replace

Agreed but custard won't got for that boiler is already rear flued jt , my thinking is if it can be done which I am not 100% yet a new flue system is compatible with the gloworm energy boiler range so could be swapped in the summer. Cheers kop

Got it sorted wasnt as bad as i imagined when i got there thanks for your input chaps builder will fibre glass around the flashing . Cheers kop

20171215_155758.jpg

20171215_155747.jpg

20171215_140641.jpg

What's the distance from the flue to the wall

Looks close ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gloworm flexion 18 kw rear flue heat only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock