Search the forum,

Discuss gloworm compact 100e boiler problem?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glyn ollivant

my compact 100e is causing me problems!!

heating system is no problem.....getting hot water is proving difficult........i have to open the tap only a little to get any hot water.

investigating this it was found the gas valve [part 801182] was not operating properly.

we are now told it may be the controll board that may be defective???

do we need to buy both components to rectify this problem......or can we pin down the fault to one component & how?? this??

my compact 100e is causing me problems!!

heating system is no problem.....getting hot water is proving difficult........i have to open the tap only a little to get any hot water.

investigating this it was found the gas valve [part 801182] was not operating properly.

we are now told it may be the controll board that may be defective???

do we need to buy both components to rectify this problem......or can we pin down the fault to one component & how?? this??

who told you that your gsr engineer?:mad: find another as nas has said points towards a diverter issue who ever is faulting your puma is clueless

My Gloworm Compact boiler has the same problem!

My heating system is no problem.....getting hot water is proving difficult.... just luke warm water can be achieved.

I've had the diverter valve, diaphragm and pc board changed (this is because the pcb was reading low volts reading 24v and the rating should be 24-50v so I'm at the bottom end. I was advised to get another pcb which is fitted -but still has a low volt reading of 26v and has not solved the hot water problem)

Does this mean I have a faulty pcb or could the connections to the pcb be a problem? I also wondered whether the gas valve needed changing as it failing to flare up when the hot water is turned on- or could this be a result of not having power from the pc board?

Any advice would be gratefully received!!

My Gloworm Compact boiler has the same problem!

My heating system is no problem.....getting hot water is proving difficult.... just luke warm water can be achieved.

I've had the diverter valve, diaphragm and pc board changed (this is because the pcb was reading low volts reading 24v and the rating should be 24-50v so I'm at the bottom end. I was advised to get another pcb which is fitted -but still has a low volt reading of 26v and has not solved the hot water problem)

Does this mean I have a faulty pcb or could the connections to the pcb be a problem? I also wondered whether the gas valve needed changing as it failing to flare up when the hot water is turned on- or could this be a result of not having power from the pc board?

Any advice would be gratefully received!!

Who is doing this work,the most likely faulty part only costs a few quid
Get someone in who knows what they are doing,
You are not only replacing parts for the sake of it but then changing new parts,unbelievable
imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gloworm compact 100e boiler problem?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Have a peculiar problem with my Gloworm Flexicom 30cx combi boiler, the main heat exchanger is getting red hot and fault coding on overheat even though the boiler and central heating is not on, i shut the boiler down for a while, clear the fault code and it will be fine again for...
Replies
Views
I must be cursed The new boiler that was fitted yesterday had a problem on commissioning, when the central heating was turned on the boiler fired but the pipework was only getting hot up to a certain point, it took the plumber a couple of hours to figure out what was happening, the problem was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
The problem is, my ideal boiler logic heat h15 keeps on burning (igniting flame icon on) all the time, all day long, regardless of the programmed on off schedule for both heating and hot water. when we have the heating turned off from the thermostat programmer (danfoss tp9000ma-si), i.e frosted...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock