Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm Boiler advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all, new member, first post....

After some advice on a Glow Worm Flexicom 30hx boiler before I throw more money at it.
It is having troubles lighting up when the temperature is below about 5°c. It tries to start as normal, fan runs and you hear a woompf as the gas ignites but it then goes on to try again presumably having not lit up. After 5 times it displays an error message and stops trying.
Resetting the boiler will eventually get it to light but it can take up to 6 cycles of resets with 5 tries per reset before it finally lights up. Once it is lit it will carry on quite happily until the timer turns off the boiler, the outside temperature drops below 5 degrees and the house temperature cools down to around 15 degrees.

So far I have had the burner inspected, looked clean enough, the ignitor cleaned and tested, healthy sparks, a new gas valve fitted and tuned but it still continues to have this problem. Off course it is early morning when it doesn't light up and by the time a service engineer comes out it's warmed up outside and everything works perfectly well!

I have checked the condensate pipe myself, clean and not frozen. Doesn't go to a drain but waters the plants outside the house.
I'm now wondering if the gas meter could be faulty as this sits outside the building and exposed to the cold temperatures far more than the boiler inside the house. Do meter pressure regulators give problems?

Thanks, Craig.

If it's igniting but not staying lit then the problem needs looking at by an engineer, we can not and will not offer advise on to what the problem could be. If you've used one engineer who hasn't yet solved the issue after changing numerous parts, I would suggest using a different engineer, or call glowworm for one of their engineers to come repair the boiler.

I would go fixed price Glowworm repair. As mentioned we will not give repair advice on open forum to non gas safe peeps

Reply to Glow worm Boiler advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock