Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm bbu gas valve fail ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Andyh

Gas Engineer
Hiya fella, thanks for the acceptance, I'm traditionalself taught as my company just did installs However I'vegot a a glow worm 56 bbu, pilot working fine (according to customer) but no main burner .. what's thegeneral testing of gas valveis it
1. Interupter
2. Thermostat
3. Resistance on solenoid
♂️
Any sequence you couldsuggest would be a great help on a Saturday lol

If you are Gas Safe Registered, supply your credentials to @Lou to gain access to the GSR forum and ask there. Otherwise:

Step 1. Employ properly qualified Gas Safe Registered engineer.
Step 2. See step 1.

Hi mate.
Forum rules and common sense. Dictates that unless you have proof that your are gas safe registered. We can’t give any advice.
If you are. Message a moderator on here and you will get great advice.

He's gas safe lads processing his application

If you can help your fine to do so I will sort this out once he's approved :D

Hiya fella, thanks for the acceptance, I'm traditional self taught as my company just did installs However I've got a a glow worm 56 bbu, pilot working fine (according to customer) but no main burner .. what's the general testing of gas valve is it
1. Interrupter
2. Thermostat
3. Resistance on solenoid
♂️
Any sequence you could suggest would be a great help on a Saturday lol
First I'd check that the gas valve is getting 240 volts when heating called. If not it could be the control-stat. If it is, check the solenoid resistance. I found Installation and Servicing Instructions on the web no problem. Couldn't see anything about a limit-stat, but there must be one. If the pilot is lit the thermocouple is OK. If the limit-stat has tripped I think the pilot would go out, but not 100% about that.

Thanks ( fixitflav )
Found mi online looks quite straight forward, even for me , :)
If 240 at control plug to gas valve
Then check resistance through solenoid
;-/

Voltage ok at plug plugged it back in and it bloody fired up lolGuess the spring had stuck in gas valve.... guess I better order a replacement in case it plays up again?

Voltage ok at plug plugged it back in and it bloody fired up lolGuess the spring had stuck in gas valve.. guess I better order a replacement in case it plays up again?
That's a result anyway! Perhaps the push-on connector was making bad contact due to its age, and pulling it off and on has cured it. I think I'd be inclined to give it a squirt of contact cleaner (a panacea of mine) and give it a couple of weeks to see if it stays OK before buying a new valve. On the other hand, just looked at Plumb Arena and price is £70.20 inc VAT, which I thought was surprisingly cheap for a fairly complicated piece of kit. So with winter coming it might be worth having one ready, even if you don't fit it immediately. Your call!

Fair one mate, I'm gonna knock it back to landlord and state it's working now but if it goes again, part Center quoted 3days on delivery, so probably be best if landlord orders part and stores it

Fair one mate, I'm gonna knock it back to landlord and state it's working now but if it goes again, part Center quoted 3days on delivery, so probably be best if landlord orders part and stores it
Just one more thought - if it is an intermittent fault, not just bad contact, we don't know 1000% that it's the gas valve. Gas valve is most likely culprit, but it could be the control-stat, or maybe something else.

Reply to Glow worm bbu gas valve fail ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock