Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm 30ci won't stay alight in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

finchy01

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Afternoon chaps, I'm at a lose.

I have just come away from a job wlempty pockets as couldn't fix the problem.

Scenario.
Glow worm 30ci combi won't fire. It sparks, fires on low flame but goes out after 5-10 seconds and then goes to F1. With all cases off right back to burner, it stays on. So obviously an air flow problem. Flue is clear, between fan and burner clear, seals all look ok. The fan was at 20 ohms so I thought it may just be on its way out so I have changed that (manufacturer agreed when I called tech) but this has made no difference. Any ideas? Thanks

Could it be a fault with the air pressure switch?

Other than that the manual says to check this.

Screenshot_20190219-212516.jpg

Afternoon chaps, I'm at a lose.

I have just come away from a job wlempty pockets as couldn't fix the problem.

Scenario.
Glow worm 30ci combi won't fire. It sparks, fires on low flame but goes out after 5-10 seconds and then goes to F1. With all cases off right back to burner, it stays on. So obviously an air flow problem. Flue is clear, between fan and burner clear, seals all look ok. The fan was at 20 ohms so I thought it may just be on its way out so I have changed that (manufacturer agreed when I called tech) but this has made no difference. Any ideas? Thanks

Make sure that the minimum burner pressure is correct. If it isn't, you won't get contact across the flame and it will go out as you described.

Thanks chaps. I will try and go back and check that. The PCB was replaced last year (I know that doesn't mean it won't go again) so I didn't think it could be that.

Only trouble is there is a pipe (think it was the filing loop but didn't check) blocking the gas valve making it hard to get to the test point on the valve.

I personally would be checking that there is continuity on all electrodes and leads and that the fan is running correctly.
But it lights and stays alight with so cases off. My thoughts were partially blocked gas run so not enough gas is getting through to the burner so it's pulling it out too quickly to ignite, I can't see the flames lifting though when the case is on, they just slowly go out

But it lights and stays alight with so cases off. My thoughts were partially blocked gas run so not enough gas is getting through to the burner so it's pulling it out too quickly to ignite, I can't see the flames lifting though when the case is on, they just slowly go out
Then I’d be looking at the fan. What voltage do you have. Does it run on max?

Reply to Glow worm 30ci won't stay alight in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I'm the head tenant of a shared house in Dublin, which is heated with a Glow Worm Home 15s boiler. This boiler was working fine this winter, is usually set the heating temperature to 45 degrees. But today the weather was pretty warm so I lowered the temperature to 22 degrees for...
Replies
Views
Our Glow Worm 38cxi boiler is about 15 years old. When turning on the central heating in the morning, the boiler fires for a moment and the pump starts, then the green light goes off but the pump continues to circulate the water. The temperature of the water on the boilers digital display drops...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I've got a quite old Glow Worm Ultimate 80FF. It recently had an issue with the control stat (lots of green corrosion on it which was causing it not to come on) and I fitted a new one and I'm back in business. Everything was fine for a few days and now it's just always on. We have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We have an old Glow-worm Fuelsaver MK2 boiler as part of our gravity fed system. The boiler had been making a loud banging sound for a while. That sound has suddenly stopped, but now we seem to have no heating. The pilot light is still on as usual and we have hot water. However, despite...
Replies
Views
Hello all! Can I please have some professional opinion on our ongoing problems with our Glow-worm Fuelsaver mk11. Now I know the simplist answer will be "replace the boiler" but during these uncertain times it's not an option. We have a BG homecare policy and have now had 4 engineers working on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock