Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm 24ci overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My glow worm boiler seems to be working as normal but I am getting a constant pouring of water outside from the overflow pipe, any ideas what I should check?

That's good, not being gas safe I`ll let others advise if they can.

Hi Snapper, 2 possible scenarios.

A, The PRV is letting by & needs replacing. Or
B, The heat exchanger has split and needs replacing.

Unfortunatley you will require a GSR engineer to repair either of the above problems.

What model is the boiler?

Is the pipe copper or plastic pipe ?

Does it only drip when the boilers running or all the time ?

If it's a constant pouring and the pressure is ok and not frequently having to top it up. Then it points to a split Hex and the mains water is leaking down the condensate pipe. So unlikley to be the PRV as you would need to be topping up the pressure all the time.

It’s running all the time even when the boiler is off. Does it sound like I’ll have to get someone in to look at it?

One way to check yourself is to turn the cold water off either under the boiler or at the mains stopcock, and open a hot water tap to relieve the pressure and if the condensate pipe stops running or slows to just a drip after a few mins then you can say that the hex has gone and it's a new boiler unless you want to spend a large sum of money repairing it.

Hi, I tried that but it’s still coming out the pipe. Actually I’ve just noticed that 2 of the radiators are stone cold and the boiler has been on for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm 24ci overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock