Search the forum,

Discuss Gledhill Sunspeed vented, indirect twin coil tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm thinking of replacing my old bare copper tank with one of these when it goes up in the loft following a conversion. I'll have a gas boiler indirectly heating it through the bottom coil and I thought it could get some help from a solar collecting plastic hose on the flat roof of the new dormer. Are these any good? What should I look out for except size?

Forget the solar hose, look up H2solar on the web you can get a compete kit;
1 Flat plate collector & 120 Litre cylinder deal
1 Sigurd Caliber 216 Flat plate Solar keymark certified collector10 year Manufacture guaranteeFlat plate off roof mounting kit (Rafter, Flat tile and Slate roof fixings available)120 Litre twin coil vented solar cylinder (large finned solar coil & 50mm insulation)Tiemme 4745 Dual Line Pump Station to include: Wilo 15/6 Solar Eco Pump, Flow setter, Filling connections, Isolating valves & Non return valves, Safety pressure valve (6 bar), Pressure gauge, Manual Air Stop, Insulated bodyResol DeltaSol AL controller Differential temperature controller for standard solar thermal systems. Function control, operating hours counter for the solar pump, tube collector function and heat quantity measurement. 3x sensor input ports and VBus port.
3x Temperature sensors
1x multi connector complete with auto air vent, isolator, sensor pocket and male ¾in flat faceCompression fixing kit, to include drain valve, compression elbows, straights & stop ends.18 Litre solar expansion vessel + fixing kit10m High temperature armaflex 15mm x 19mm pipe insulation1x 10 Litres pre-mixed heat transfer fluid fpd1120 bundle price £1228.51

And the solar uses the bottom coil as above.

Great, really comprehensive, thanks, but i'm watching the Gledhill for 50 quid on ebay at the moment and was going to make my own heat collector, not pay someone 1200 quid. Will have a look and cost it out though. 120lt tank a bit small too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gledhill Sunspeed vented, indirect twin coil tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock