Search the forum,

Discuss Gledhill Boilermate 2000 and Honeywell Evohome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Our flat uses a communal CHP system, with a Gledhill Boilermate 2000 ( https://www.gledhill-boilermate.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/BoilerMate-2000-Manual.pdf ) in our flat (i.e. we don't have direct access to a gas boiler).

We're looking to set up a Honeywell Evohome system consisting of a smart thermostat and radiator TRVs. We were wondering if our Boilermate can work with this, or if it's a non-starter.

There's an optional ATF500DHW Hot Water Kit available from Honeywell too. Would that work with the Boilermate too?

I wanted to replace this, but Eon are responsible for the maintenance of these systems, and they've said we *must* stick to this model as that's part of their contract with the management company. I see people have installed Nest and Tado systems with the boilermate, so was thinking it *should* be possible?

I can deal with some basic stuff (plugs, lights, etc.) but nowhere near confident or competent enough to touch the Boilermate. I'd get somebody in to install it.

Looks like terminal 23 HTG is the Switch Live which will run the heating pump. A good heating engineer will be able to sort out the wiring so that an external controls system will bring on the heating.
You will not need the Hot Water control kit as this will remain with the Boiler Mate

@chris watkins thanks for the response. That's good to hear.

As for the hot water control kit, is it because it's not worth it, or not possible? Is the idea for the kit to enable us to completely shut down the hot water when we're away? I think the boilermate keeps some warm water ready to supply on demand.

Not possible with the thermal store as yes in simple terms the store has to be hot to provide domestic hot water.
Would you know if /how your CHP supplying the store is controlled ? Just as a matter of interest.

@chris watkins as far as I know, I don't think it is. It's a large communal boiler supplying to all the the buildings in the estate, each building having many flats. Each flat gets its own Boilermate. We're in GMV, and I found this in terms of promotion by the company who (I think) were involved: The Movement - CHP energy centre | Vital Energi . Initially, Stiles Harrold Williams maintained the stuff, but now maintenance has been transferred to EON. Apparently, the system is greener, and was supposed to be cheaper, but cost wise, it's similar to most things. The Gledhills are a pain though. Last year, the PCB went, and it's £200 a pop to replace it. Being bound to a company that's gone bust 10 years ago isn't fun.

That said, for supplying heating, and hot water, it does a pretty decent job. The building was built 2001, and from what I know, the pcb replacement was the only boiler incident since then. The thermostat on it is a nightmare to program though, and very very basic. Hence my looking into the Honeywell system.

@chris watkins
As for the hot water control kit, is it because it's not worth it, or not possible? Is the idea for the kit to enable us to completely shut down the hot water when we're away? I think the boilermate keeps some warm water ready to supply on demand.

What is not possible?
Hot water control i.e. turning off the primary heating water to thermal store in this case.

A boilermate 2000 will always have priority hot water. But there is no reason you cannot have a Heating only side. Wire the evohome into the room stat block pictured below.

F6155083-2DB9-47F5-AC28-FA0E41C2989C.png

There are loads of problems with all Gledhill products, all you need to do is witness all the zzGledhillnvans and lorries heading south on M6 every morning full of people and stuff to repair these dreadfull products designed on Friday afternoons after 4 pm in Blackpool ...enough said....in fact there is a whole business based on fixing the same awful,products ....gledhill sell service packages to vulnerable old people to repair their crap systems in McCarthy stone properties
Centralheatking

There are loads of problems with all Gledhill products, all you need to do is witness all the zzGledhillnvans and lorries heading south on M6 every morning full of people and stuff to repair these dreadfull products designed on Friday afternoons after 4 pm in Blackpool ...enough said....in fact there is a whole business based on fixing the same awful,products ..gledhill sell service packages to vulnerable old people to repair their crap systems in McCarthy stone properties
Centralheatking
So you do or don't like them then Rob ?
I do wish you would make it clear in your posts :p

I see so much hate towards Gledhill, and rightly so. I wonder if there's more capital in the Gledhill repair industry than the total profit Gledhill ever made before going bust. It's a shame so much of UK systems are still stuck on them. Forget wiring complexities, just trying to set heat schedules with their god-awful interface is a nightmare.

Reply to Gledhill Boilermate 2000 and Honeywell Evohome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock