Search the forum,

Discuss Getting Water hammerage at boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Azz

went to see a job and boiler is getting water hammerage when taps are closing fast. I thought this would be just hot water pipe as the taps in the house are quarter turns. The problem is, it is also causing hammage to boiler when using cold water pipes as well and when using the cistern flush.
I take it I need to install shock arestors but where would it be recommended?
the boiler is main combi 24he and I think, this problem is causing diverter valve damage as the customer changed valve a year ago and its already has leaking marks and domestic water heat is leting by to the heating side.
Any sugestions?

Your water hammerage !!! could be something as simple as a loose pipe/s .
Have you any idea what the mains pressure is ?

I did try holding cold water and hot water pips firmly under boiler while having taps turned on and off to eliminate loose pipes but it is still hammering. Would this be correct to eliminate loose pipe diagnostic. The sound is mainly coming from boiler.

If it’s at all outlets and we, then as above could be dead legs in system with trapped air. It can also be stopcock jumper or a failing quarter turn tap. It all depends on how much water hammer - is it vibrating the pipes whilst water is being used?

I would be looking at the stopcock jumper and taps then to rule those out. Then maybe fit pressure reducing valve, shock arrestor.

Hi, I am gsr and have previously asked to join the forum as would like to asked in depth questions which I am unable to get response on the open forum.
If this is a boiler problem then why would it hammer when cold water taps are open to?

Hi, I am gsr and have previously asked to join the forum as would like to asked in depth questions which I am unable to get response on the open forum.
If this is a boiler problem then why would it hammer when cold water taps are open to?
If you are gas safe please send your gas safe number to @Harvest Fields @ShaunCorbs @Riley they will help you to sort it out

Maybe it's not boiler related, but have you checked anything that we have suggested?

Reply to Getting Water hammerage at boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock